Page 1 of 2
So, I'm sitting around my apartment listening to music and suddenly I hear gunshots. If you watch the news, you'd know that Lebanon is basically a hotspot for politicians getting blown up or shot.

Where I live is very close to a prominent politician who isn't favored by some, some who would attempt to blow his ass up, to put it lightly.

So I hear gunshots, and I'm thinking I'm probably going to hear explosions soon cause I also hear cars screeching away. Not that I'm a stranger to explosions either, but this one would be so close it would probably shatter my windows, if not take down my building.

So at this point, I'm thinking what the hell should I do? Do I walk downstairs and go somewhere far away? I can't do that, I might get shot. But if I stay, something might happen. I decide to stay, but nothing happens. But my heart was racing, and I felt trapped.

So my question is...has anything ever scared anyone so badly that it put the fear of death into them?
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Just stay where you are.

And, in the apartment, what floor are you on?
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
nope...

/dickhead post

unlucky man.. fortunately i live in a nice spot in england.. its weird to think what life would be like if we were the same person living in different circumstances.. its deep stuff.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by thedudemeister
Just stay where you are.

And, in the apartment, what floor are you on?

5th, right in the middle.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
ive never experienced anything that horrifying, but the idea of it freaks the shit out of me
yeah, id just chill on the side of your place thats opposite the said target spot
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Wow. Whats Hezbollah Broadband's connection speed?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
"Death, the most dreaded of evils, is... of no concern to us, for while we exist, death is not present, and when death is present, we no longer exist."
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by wiggy1988

Hardy har har we get 2 megs in Beirut, bitch

@ Graveworm: I actually was holding my guitar
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Quote by Graveworm
I would die with my guitar in hand.

that would be my wish too
proud to be from Alabama
Quote by Firenze
5th, right in the middle.

Well, try to move to higher ground, or as someone else said, move to the other side away from a possible attacking side, otherwise just stay in your room and watch out for anything suspicious.

Quote by wiggy1988

Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by Firenze
Hardy har har we get 2 megs in Beirut, bitch

goddamn it
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by Yngwi3
"Death, the most dreaded of evils, is... of no concern to us, for while we exist, death is not present, and when death is present, we no longer exist."

I see where you're coming from man, but that doesn't apply at all in a situation like that when you're scared enough.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
I've never experienced that.

Keep us informed sweetie, I'm a wee bit worried D:
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I've never experienced that.

Keep us informed sweetie, I'm a wee bit worried D:

Awwwww, I guess UG does care about it's members

Keep us informed TS, I'm concerned for you as well
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by thedudemeister
Awwwww, I guess UG does care about it's members

Keep us informed TS, I'm concerned for you as well

Of course I do.
He's a lovely fella.

Arrggghhh. Not fun.
Quote by SteveHouse
Will do thanks.

I can't believe nobody's had a fear of death experience I feel weird now
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Of course I do.
He's a lovely fella.

Arrggghhh. Not fun.

Awwwwwww , I wish you well TS.

Quote by Firenze
Will do thanks.

Well, I have had it once, but it was over something stupid, and I felt embarrassed at the time.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by thedudemeister
Awwwwwww , I wish you well TS.

Well, I have had it once, but it was over something stupid, and I felt embarrassed at the time.

*looks expectantly*
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Sort of.

I once found myself in the car with my friend's drunk Dad. He was weaving a little and not doing to well on turns, so you could tell he was hammered. We were about to turn right onto a two-lane highway from a side road.

He looks over and says, "Tell me when it's clear."

I watched the road and when it was all clear I said, "Go."

He turns right, but something's wrong. He's in the LEFT LANE, not the right. There is a HUGE ROLLBACK TRUCK coming straight for us.

Let's evaluate. We're in a tiny Toyota Celica 2-door hatchback. We're facing a 12 ton, eight-wheeled rollback. We would've been killed instantly.

Luckily, my friend's Dad swerved. We missed the truck by a hair, tires screaming and horns going off.

I think that's the closest I've ever come to death, and I'll never ride with a drunk driving ever again.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Firenze

*looks expectantly*

Lol, it was really stupid, but I was doing a night hike with the scouts, and we had to walk to this checkpoint, but we had to walk under a power line. It buzzed really loudly and I was scared shitless I was gona get electrocuted
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by Firenze
Will do thanks.

Suppose once when I was little I had to hurry to the hospital because I couldn't breathe well.... I don't actually know what was wrong.

I also was overly paranoid when my leg was swelling up because of an allergic reaction to insect venom. I was like "oh teh noes my leg might fall off or worse..."
Quote by SteveHouse
Well when I overdosed I came to accept my death while it was happening, but all was for nothing when I woke up in the hospital. Your experience sounds way cooler and much scarier, because my state of mind was not regular.
Quote by shaquille
Well when I overdosed I came to accept my death while it was happening, but all was for nothing when I woke up in the hospital. Your experience sounds way cooler and much scarier, because my state of mind was not regular.

Oh man that's weird. I had a friend who overdosed on alcohol and we had to get him to a hospital real quick, but he said it was weird cause he couldn't really think straight and stuff, like he couldn't remember a lot of it.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
Oh man that's weird. I had a friend who overdosed on alcohol and we had to get him to a hospital real quick, but he said it was weird cause he couldn't really think straight and stuff, like he couldn't remember a lot of it.

I guess it's different if you are drunk but I took 8 methamphetamine based extacy rolls, it was because I had forgotten I had taken them and kept taking more in groups of two. It was an intense experience that got heavier and heavier until I realized what was happening and then blacked out. I guess I didn't really fully accept it because it was hard to comprehend what exactly what was happening, but sometimes I jump to conclusions quickly and accept my death when I'm trying certain amounts of new things. It's just that this time I was almost correct, luckily I had friends with me.
I was riding my bike down to a party one night, I was riding along side a highway. A semi was coming up the road doing about probably 55-60 assuming he was somewhere near the speed limit. I hit a rut in the mud and nearly fell into the road infront of this truck.

This next story I wasn't really in any danger, but I was riding the Mr.Freeze at Six Flags and as we went upside down in reverse I thought the safety device came undone and I was falling, I was looking straight at the ground and just had a feeling of acceptance. I was jerked back to reality as we took a sharp turn before returning to the station.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
TS, I have no real advice. No opinion, but should you have some sort of religion you could pray. Or just hope nothing bad happens.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Pretty much ^^^

I'm not religious, but I'm hoping.
Quote by SteveHouse
Wait... Explosions WTF? Are you in a Hezbollah controlled zone ?

Anyway, good luck mate.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Oct 9, 2008,
He's offline!

But... I need updates D:
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
He's offline!

But... I need updates D:

Don't worry. He's probably okay. I mean,what are the odds of his building being blown up ? It's not like he's in Afghanistan.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I've had the fear of death slap me in the face before.

And I wasn't in, nor have I never been in, mortal danger. I just realised that I was going to die one day, and it made me go into a near panic attack.

It doesn't sound serious, I know, but that insane, uncomfortable rush I got from realising my own mortality was very unnerving. It stuck with me for a good two months, and it still creeps in every now and then.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Hrm... closest I've been to death is with car accidents. I'm pretty lucky in that I live in a quiet city with drunk and disorderly being the main source of crime. However if I was in your situation, I'd probably stay in bed because I'm a lazy son of a bitch. At the same time, who's to say getting out of there would be any safer for you if the bomb went off? Could you just accept death as an inevitability in the situation?
Quote by urik
Don't worry. He's probably okay. I mean,what are the odds of his building being blown up ? It's not like he's in Afghanistan.

Yargh don't say that D:
One of my half brothers is in Afghanistan. As much as I dislike him, it would crush my Dad if anything bad happened to him.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Yargh don't say that D:
One of my half brothers is in Afghanistan. As much as I dislike him, it would crush my Dad if anything bad happened to him.

Crap. Talk about trying to make things better and screwing up .
Hope that he's okay. Don't worry. It's not like he's in Darfur .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

go watch tuesdays with morrie

trust me
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
I was racing my friends on amountain bike trail and i slipped and fell of my bike off a bridge about 9 meters above this very fast rocky river(it rained earlier that night and it was slippery). The bridge didn't have a fence and I grabbed onto one of these post thingies sticking out of the side of the bridge. I hung there for couple of minutes until my friends got me up.

That was the single scariest thing that ever happened to me, I was sure that I would die and I started praying (I'm an atheist) and all of this shit.
1. ...why don't you like, move?

2. seriously.

And to answer the question:

One of my (ex) best friends became skitzafrenic at around age 14, and held me and gunpoint for three hours convinced I was sent from "them" to kill him.

I was scared out of my mind, and so I talked to him for a long time trying to convince him I wasn't. Eventually he started crying and curled up in a corner. I thought about what it would be like to die, if it would hurt, where I would go, and eventually I just accepted that I was going to die, and everything was so weird. But, I didn't die, but it's nice knowing that if I do die, I will die calm.

He's all messed up now, but I still go talk to him in the ward every few weeks.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Page 1 of 2