Poll: Keep with the PAF PRO or change to a Tone Zone? Bridge!!
Poll Options
View poll results: Keep with the PAF PRO or change to a Tone Zone? Bridge!!
Stay with the PAF PRO
1 50%
Go with the Tone Zone
1 50%
Voters: 2.
Hey guys, i really like the sound I'm getting from my PGM301 but at times when I'm playing solos i wouldn't mind an extra bit of bite, only thing is with the PAF pro's when i split it at the bridge with the single coil i get this beautiful twangy sound, would i lose that if i got a tone zone?
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
it's a while since i've tried either, but i'm guessing the split tone mightn't be as good with a TZ (but it will give you some extra bite)... i'd wait until steven seagull turns up, he knows more about dimarzios than i do...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
He sure does, but he preaches about breeds :P just wanna know out of these two as the people on the racer x forums highly recommend both, i have the stock pgm301 pickups at the moment
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
I have a Tone Zone in my RG

If you want bite, oomph and general in-your-face-ness then the Tone Zone is what you want...it's an agressive, brash attention-seeker of a pickup that's made for soloing. It splits fine with a middle single, no complaints there.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
haha thanks :d no offense about the breeds, just i know you approve. Do you get that similar twangy sound with your tone zone when split?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
yeah, if you tweak the EQ right it gets an almost acoustic vibe.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
cheers mr seagull
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?