Hey, I recently bought an RG 1570, and it has a really nice edge system installed on it.
Here is the link, just so you can know what it looks like.

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RG1570

Anyways, I had light gauge (10-46) strings on it for awhile, then when they broke, I went and bought slightly larger strings (11-48).

I didn't know that I would have to change the whole tremolo set up to adjust my Ibanez for higher gauge strings until I went through the 2 hours of hell trying to tune them with no success.

I watched a couple tutorials, but they never told me how much to loosen the strings behind the guitar. So, when I'm switching from (10-46) strings to (11-48) strings, how much should I loosen or tighten the springs in the back?

Thanks and sorry if I'm not describing things enough, it's my first Floyd Rose Guitar, any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Nobosy can tell you how much to loosen/tighten the springs because it's going to vary from guitar to guitatr - unfortunately you just have to use trial and error.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
you should need you screw them in alittle bit until the bridge is level

there is no set measurement on how much
Quote by steven seagull
Nobosy can tell you how much to loosen/tighten the springs because it's going to vary from guitar to guitatr - unfortunately you just have to use trial and error.

Okay, thanks, but will I have to tighten it or loosen it? I'm using thicker strings so I'm guessing I need to loosen the springs right?
Quote by CCMetalhead
Okay, thanks, but will I have to tighten it or loosen it? I'm using thicker strings so I'm guessing I need to loosen the springs right?

id think youd want tighter springs

but im no trem pro so......