Page 1 of 2
Hey Pit people, has anyone here heard of Papa Murphy's Pizza?

I swear those people descend from Plato, they're ****ing geniuses!

They make pizza, but instead of them cooking and delivering it, you pick it up and cook it at your house (At some chains if you ask they'll cook it for you when you get there). It only take 20 minutes to cook and it is SO ****ING GOOD. They seriously make THE BEST PIZZA, EVER. Round Table, Papa John's, Domino's and Pizza Hut don't got shit on my nigga Papa Murphy.

Because they usually don't cook the pizzas themselves, they save money. That means they can offer you more pizza and it's at a cheaper price. Their Large is as big as other companies XL, and their XL is bigger than most other chain's by a mile (or at least an inch, lol). Their XL runs me like $10 (with the works on it).

And they have salad, cookie dough, cinnamon roll thingies, and dessert pizza.

Holy ****, didn't realize I was making a wall of text here, but dammit I'm addicted Pit...

Anyways, anyone else like this stuff?
Its good and a good price, but not the best. Dominos and Pizza Hut kill it any day. Papa Murpheys is just a different kind of taste
I used to love them, but my family ate it every weekend for a few months, now it makes me nauseous to think about
But their cinnamon wheel IS delicious...
Quote by mitchgib93
Its good and a good price, but not the best. Dominos and Pizza Hut kill it any day. Papa Murpheys is just a different kind of taste

I hate Pizza Hut. >.>

Domino's is damn good, but I still like Murphy's better.
Quote by lordneezi
their pizza can get old fast.

Anything in excess gets old fast. I remember my Chinese food phase. The grease eventually makes you want to barf while eating. (I'm talking the restaurant stuff, not the authentic stuff my asian buddies eat at home).
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
We have a local pizza shop here that makes better pizza than anybody.

Same here. But I've stopped eating pizza because it's pretty damn unhealthy. Unless you get it with a tiny amount of cheese and lots of veggies.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
I don't like them. How is it genius to cook it when you get home? The point of ordering a pizza is so i don't have to cook it. Every oven is different and it never comes out right if you cook it at home.
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
We have a local pizza shop here that makes better pizza than anybody.

Which one? Austin has some pretty good shops. I went to the Mellow Mushroom a while back and that seemed pretty good, but pricy.

And yeah, I work at Papa John's and a bunch of people left to go work at the new Papa Murphy's around here. They're cheaper than us, but I honestly do prefer our pizza. Pizza in general is delicious, though.
Reminds me of Kramer on that episode of Seinfeld when he gets the intern. They stole his idea!
I used to work for Papa Murpheys. I hated it. The pizza really isn't that great either.

I thought they went bankrupt though. I was getting a lot of letters from their parent company saying if I didn't receive any wages for a period of time that I worked that I would not being getting them.
Papa Murpheys is the bomb. It blows everything out of the water. There is this one place in Wyoming, in a little town called Hullett, that makes unbelievable godly pizza, but there shop is just that one. OMG I've had the privelege of eating there twice on my Youth Group trip but thosea re the only times I've been. Kind of a long drive from Iowa. But it is so good!
Quote by ACG
Same here. But I've stopped eating pizza because it's pretty damn unhealthy. Unless you get it with a tiny amount of cheese and lots of veggies.

Yeah, I think that's being overly-conscious about health. I eat what I want to, my doctor say I'm fine. Blood pressure is normal, cholesterol is fine and everything. It's more about portion sizes and exercise than what you eat, IMO.

Quote by ViperScale
I don't like them. How is it genius to cook it when you get home? The point of ordering a pizza is so i don't have to cook it. Every oven is different and it never comes out right if you cook it at home.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
Kinda defeats the object, no?

I thought the point of ordering pizza was skipping the long process of preparing the crust, veggies and meats necessary to make one from scratch. 20 minutes ins't a very long time to pick up and cook a pizza considering most delivery chains take that long to deliver a pizza. And the taste is epic.
thats a damn good idea... i want one near were i live
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
i have to say papa murphey's is good and i have a funny story realating to it bt first: it was good but i dunno if i liked it best michael's pizza in westerville ftw they won like contest in italy with that shit

but funny story, me and my friend were going to this one festival (cops and kids) because we wanted free drinks... but then we're like "Hey doesn't sean live around here?" "oh yeah let's see if he wants to go!" but turns out sean isn't home so then we're like "we could call his sister she's cool" and then we have thsi conversation with his sister about how since they weren't home we we were going to rob their house. in the end we didn't rob their house but we continued to the festival, around this time the wind picks up and we're at the playground like "woah were is everyone?" turns out it's over but then we see a free papa murphey's stand and they ask if we want some free pizza, we said no and continued to play on the playground, we then remembered the intent of our quest and asked this people levaing for free drinks they said no they were for the staff and now we're leaving. so me and my friend play on the layground again. about 10 minutes after all the people left we were like "did they just leave a whole pizza here?" they did we wait till nobody's left then we're like yup taking it. so then we had the genious idea to leavev it on our friends porch just for lulz. we go past seans house and he's like "hey guys!" we hang out with him then when we were in his garage a tree fell down then we leave and continue on the quest to our friends house, turns out that "wind" was a category 1 hurricane so his mom picks us up, car nearly get blown off the road, didn't take the pizza to our friends, then had some ****ing great papa murphey's pizza

Tl;dr my friend and i wanted free drinks, ended up stealing a not cooked pizza, it was a cat 1 hurricane, wanted to leave the pizza at our friends house, didn't get drinks, didn't leave the pizza, ate the pizza, mission failed
Quote by GogglesVK
Yeah, I think that's being overly-conscious about health. I eat what I want to, my doctor say I'm fine. Blood pressure is normal, cholesterol is fine and everything. It's more about portion sizes and exercise than what you eat, IMO.

Well, health has a LOT to do with what you eat, but I'm not going to start anything =\
There's a place around where I live called Joe's and it's probably the best pizza I've had. I've never heard of Papa Murphy's though.
How is that genius? You have to cook it. That's effort.

How is that more genius than them bringing the pizza to you so you don't have to do a god damn thing?
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
Quote by dethskar0
How is that genius? You have to cook it. That's effort.

How is that more genius than them bringing the pizza to you so you don't have to do a god damn thing?

you dont understand, its the best pizza and its probably alot healthier, also you get more pizza for the buck
I'm Steve
Ok, but you can just go to Wal-Mart and get probably 2 or 3 home-cookable pizzas for the same price. Stupid idea, in my opinion. Plus health is stupid. Regular pizza from like Pizza Hut isn't bad for you. People just want to say it is. People are overconscious about health. You know the health movement has gone too far when milk is no longer good for you. So you have to get milk-flavored water (skim milk).
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
It's not that great (in my opinion). I prefer Mother Bear's, Mad Mushroom, random places in Chicago that have perfected the art of the Chicago style pizza and most other chains over Papa M.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by dethskar0
So you have to get milk-flavored water (skim milk).

Skim milk FTL.
Quote by dethskar0
Ok, but you can just go to Wal-Mart and get probably 2 or 3 home-cookable pizzas for the same price. Stupid idea, in my opinion. Plus health is stupid. Regular pizza from like Pizza Hut isn't bad for you. People just want to say it is. People are overconscious about health. You know the health movement has gone too far when milk is no longer good for you. So you have to get milk-flavored water (skim milk).

Dude, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. The reason people are becoming "overly" conscious (which, IMO, is what the world should have ALWAYS been like) about health is because of the epidemic of obesity spreading around the world. We're trying to make food healthier, so your kids won't die of diabetes or heart disease. And milk is good for you, but people usually prefer skim milk because it has less fat =\
screw that, if I'm going to actually go pick up a pizza I'll just call a local pizza place ahead of time (and there are several here that blow all of the chains out of the water) and pick it up alread cokked.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by ACG
Dude, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. The reason people are becoming "overly" conscious (which, IMO, is what the world should have ALWAYS been like) about health is because of the epidemic of obesity spreading around the world. We're trying to make food healthier, so your kids won't die of diabetes or heart disease. And milk is good for you, but people usually prefer skim milk because it has less fat =\

True, but people do take it way too far. It's okay to indulge in unhealthy foods sometimes. You just need to be responsible and enjoy it in moderation rather than in excess. For example, I eat right and exercise 6 days a week, but on Saturday I eat something unhealthy and drink alcohol. I'm not saying that eating right for the 6 days completely cancels out what I do on Saturday, but that still isn't enough to cause any major complications and I actually allow myself to enjoy thingsI like rather than being so strict about my health that I rid myself of them entirely.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
I have papa murphy's everyday at my school. It does get old fast, but if you don't eat it for about a week or so, it's the best pizza ever.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by dethskar0

they are about the same price, but only papa murphys is way better than that greasy crap
I'm Steve
Quote by jeremessmore
so nobody read that enormous story i posted

but the pizza was pepperoni and sausage and the people we're probably like who the f*ck took mah pizza?!?!??!1111

lol. Your story was such an epic failure, you are now a god. Gratz jeremessmore, you win!
Quote by terrencemaddox
It's not that great (in my opinion). I prefer Mother Bear's, Mad Mushroom, random places in Chicago that have perfected the art of the Chicago style pizza and most other chains over Papa M.

Chicago pizza is the best.
I feel weird ordering from a company that doesn't have an italian name.
Guiseppe's and Uno's and Gino's.
****in awesome.
Quote by terrencemaddox
True, but people do take it way too far. It's okay to indulge in unhealthy foods sometimes. You just need to be responsible and enjoy it in moderation rather than in excess. For example, I eat right and exercise 6 days a week, but on Saturday I eat something unhealthy and drink alcohol. I'm not saying that eating right for the 6 days completely cancels out what I do on Saturday, but that still isn't enough to cause any major complications and I actually allow myself to enjoy thingsI like rather than being so strict about my health that I rid myself of them entirely.

Honestly, I don't think people take it far enough but what you do sounds pretty much ideal, and it's what I do as well.
Yeah they have them where I live and they are good but I personally like thin crust Dominoes a lot better. Thin crust Dominoes with Sausage and Pepperoni is orgasmic. Washed down with Coke and topped off with Cinnesticks. Oh Yeah.
Page 1 of 2