Hey everyone, sorry for another "What guitar/amp should I get?" thread. Anyways, I mainly play older death and thrash metal (Death, Pestilence, Morbid Angel, Morgoth, Obituary, Megadeth, etc.) and I'm looking for a good metal amp. Which amp is best for my style music:

1.) A Randall RX120DHS (it's a solid state half stack)

or

2.) A Bugera 6262 (it's an all tube half stack)

Please only pick one of the two and say why. Also, I've narrowed it down to these two and I don't want any other suggestions. I'm leaning towards the Bugera because I really want a tube amp and I think it will have better tone but I'm not sure if it will have enough distortion. Randall is a better brand name and the company is known for the distortion but it's a cheaper amp and it's a solid state. So what do you think? Will the Bugera have enough stock distortion to play stuff like Death and Opeth? Thanks!
go with the bugera - add a deathmetal pedal and you're set

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Well, the Bugera is definitely an overall better amp, BUT if you're going to play Thrash Metal, and Death Metal, the Randall would be the better choice. I'm guessing by Thrash Metal, you mean like Metallica, who uses Randall amps ^_^ But just the fact that Randall's are made for metal in general. You can't use bands as examples, I'm very sorry, but either way, the Randall has superior distortion, and superior power when it comes to overdriven sounds. The Bugera is undoubtedly a good amp, and as I said already would be the better amp, but wouldn't stand up that well to harsh metal tones. Hope I helped.
Quote by RabbidWolf
sorry to go off topic but i dont wanna make a whole thread about it. im thinkin about gettin this http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RX120RH-and-RX412-Half-Stack?sku=481735 randall amp.. whatcha guys think? little too cheap?

I've played one. I LOVE Randall Amps. The RX120 is great for the price. Heavy distortion, warm clean channel, very loud, and affordable, BUT you don't get that real nice crunchy sound like out of the DHS. Now, the DHS sounds better overdriven, and has some effects, that aren't too bad for factory. I'd still have to cast my vote for the RX120DHS just because of what you play, and the tonal possibilities for metal ^_^