i have a guitar that i am currently trying to swap the pickups on and i have ran into some problems.

i have an ltd ec-100 and it has a 2 humbucker 2 volume and 1 tone 3 way switch setup. i followed the diagram on the seymour duncan website this one

i finished the soldering and it doesnt sound right at all. it sounds like all of the volume has been cut out and even with the highest gain setting on my amp it sounds like a light bluesy distortion.

does anyone know what i might have did wrong?
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
May I introduce you to the multimeter, it's your friend. Test every connection and component you have, and check it again. It sounds like an impedance problem, check your grounds and the wiring, then check the pots are the right value etc, etc.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
May I introduce you to the multimeter, it's your friend. Test every connection and component you have, and check it again. It sounds like an impedance problem, check your grounds and the wiring, then check the pots are the right value etc, etc.

I'd have to say this.
it's either the connections, or wrong values. Did you use the right value capacitator? (Probably a stupid question, but sometimes, it's the simplest things)
i'll go back and double check those things. thanks. i probably wont do it now though cuz i just got outta class and im to stressed to do it right now haha.
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
Quote by B3RZ3RK3R
i'll go back and double check those things. thanks. i probably wont do it now though cuz i just got outta class and im to stressed to do it right now haha.

haha, never do work like that when you're stressed or something.
You'll make the smallest mistake, and you won't see it, it'll drive you insane