I really like mine. A TS9 will give it plenty of distortion if needed. And the tone knob on the reverb is pretty nice. Had mine 3 years with original tubes and no problems.
I know a local guitar shop owner that keeps one in his store, & he wears by it & gigs with it. It sounds pretty decent overall, better than many amps I've heard. Crank it a bit & it's hard to get bad tone from one.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Oct 9, 2008,
yeah, i really liked the one i tried- i'm with paper sun. it's a bit like an engl screamer in that respect, it'll do metal reasonably well if you don't only play metal (if you do, you're probably best to look elsewhere, e.g. 5150 etc.), but it's more of an all-round amp, kind of thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?