Hey UG,

I love my epi vj half stack! For the price it's been wonderful. My biggest gripe is the muddy bass, and I was wondering:

If I ran it into a 412 cab (say, a Carvin or Marshall since that's what I'm looking into) how would it sound? (assuming the impedances match up, of course)

I've also been thinking of getting a second VJ and experimenting with running them both simultaneously. Anyone have experience on the versatility of a two amp set up? Like, if I had one running clean and the other boosted with pedals and effects, would I actually get an interesting sound or will it just be messy because the essential character of the amp is the same?

What would happen if I ran the guitar into one VJ and then into another, then from the second into a 412?
Want: EH Deluxe Memory Man, Warmoth Strat, Budda Superdrive 45
Get an EQ pedal. MXR 12 band eq or whatever it's called. you'll be able to dial out any bass that you don't want.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
I read somewhere I while back that an EQ pedal and a nicer speaker really help mids come alive. The same guy that did that also had a brightness switch installed on his, I dont know if you live somewhere around people with the know how for that but it seems like that would eliminate a lot of the unwanted bass with an EQ and a nice speaker.

As for running two at once... Try it out or something... You never know what will happen.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
tubescreamer helped tame the lows on my vj.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by LP51122
Get an EQ pedal. MXR 12 band eq or whatever it's called. you'll be able to dial out any bass that you don't want.

+1
Also look into a new speaker
EQ will do wonders for it.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
well if u have the stock cab, that speaker is way bassy compared to my V30 so i you have 70$ laying around go to wherehouse speakers and pick up a V30. That would about do it. (and or tubescreamer)
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn