I have some Martin SP Phosphor Bronze 0.013 gauge strings on my acoustic guitar. The D and G strings (Strung normal EADGBE) have begun to wear at a few frets (3rd and 10th) and the winding on the guitar string is gone. The wear is not occurring at consecutive frets. All that remains is the center of string, where the winding would be wound. I can't figure out what is causing this. The strings are only weeks old and replaced every couple months. The frets don't appear to be ready for replacing. Any ideas as to what the cause of this problem is?
check the fret where its wearing on the strings. There might be something wrong with it.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Yeah, I think you have a burr or something on that fret.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If it is the strings get some new ones. But more info is needed is this a nomal ocurance or is this the first time? How often do you bend notes on those frets(think about it)? Try another brand of strings.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Quote by 01371406
I have some Martin SP Phosphor Bronze 0.013 gauge strings on my acoustic guitar. The D and G strings (Strung normal EADGBE) have begun to wear at a few frets (3rd and 10th) and the winding on the guitar string is gone. The wear is not occurring at consecutive frets. All that remains is the center of string, where the winding would be wound. I can't figure out what is causing this. The strings are only weeks old and replaced every couple months. The frets don't appear to be ready for replacing. Any ideas as to what the cause of this problem is?
compare the profile of these particular frets with the other frets. i'll guess these look more "square" than the other frets. they probably just need to be "crowned" to make them rounded.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.