Alright so basically I'm looking for a rule of thumb while and singing and playing and how I need to sing vs. what key the song is in.

Ya know like if I have a relatively higher pitched voice I should play in a higher key, or lower key, etc, blah blah blah...

Without getting to technical what is the general rule of thumb there?
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Champion 110

Guitars:
Fender Strat - HSS
Takamine: EG544SC-4C
Kay Acoustic

Effects:
Morley Bad Horsie II
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
i don't really understand what your asking
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
uhh the same key, but possibly different octaves...this is kind of a weird question. i think your trying to ask about pitch...
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Without getting technical, try to sing it in the key it was written in. If that makes it too high for you to sing, play everything a bit lower and sing it in your comfortable range. If that makes it too low for you to sing, do the opposite.

A capo is a useful tool for this.
Find your vocal range, and play in keys and octaves that fit.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Quote by The_Sophist
Find your vocal range, and play in keys and octaves that fit.
This.

My best note (standing) is B below middle C. I would want to transpose songs and write songs around B (so A, Bb, B, C, C#), as I will have to resolve to one of these notes and so this note should be relatively easy for me to play.

I dont think it matters what octave you play in. Although some guys reckon that if your melody line is lower than some of the notes in your accompaniment (like chords and so on), than your melody will become ambiguous. Not sure if I agree with that, but keep it in mind (I'm actually pretty sure I dont, but make up your own opinion).