is there a particular scale/mode that is frequently used by country players? i love country leads, but i want to learn to imporvise with that country tinge.

if it helps, i really like Brad Paisley, Chet Atkins and Greg Koch.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
maybe a pentatonic
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Try some major pentatonic licks

getting the country sound is all about the proper phrasing of it, skillful bends, pulls offs, hybrid picking ect ect.
learn major pentatonic scale and the major scale. Use notes from the major scale every now and then while improvising in major pentatonic.
a lot of major scale...cant really say pentatonic cause a lot of the pull of licks that sound so country such as 3p2p0 are major scale, country guitar is very hard though...paisley is a god at it
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Haha, Brent Hind's is a god at it, listen to Megalodon by Mastodon. . . about 2 minutes in he does a shred country lick. John 5 is also an amazing country/bluegrass guitarist. . . shred country, check out his album vertigo and try to learn some of his riffs, that will send you on your way, just learn those and then kinda make them your own.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
check out the hellecasters. Holy ****.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!