so i need a lot of help here sorta
i just got 11 gauge and higher guitar strings for drop b tuning
now i just put the strings in
now i have a really nice fender with tremelo
and how do i tune my guitar to drop b and what do i need to do to adjust my guitar
im not sure if i need to adjust it, before this i had always had it in standard tuning
help?
you might want to look up how to adjust a truss rod. the loosened strings from drop b might allow the neck to bow more, which you dont want.

also, drop B is a half step down from drop C, so:

B F# B E G# C#
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Take it to the shop and have them do it. Other wise you have to open up the back plate and tighten down the springs as you tune it down. You'll have to continue to tighten the springs so the tremelo is close to flat with the body of the guitar or as you tune with heavy gauge strings it will just lift off the body. You may need to mess with the truss rod as well... I am assuming you know the tuning for drop B. Their is a thread on this very subject if you use the search function...
In the Valley of Vung
so you have a fender and you are tuning your guitar to drop b? i have two questions...

1. is it really necessary to tune that goddamn low
and
2. if you're playing the music that requires such a low tuning, why a fender?
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
You probably want to go higher than 11. I play in drop b, the top strings don't matter too much, but the bottom ones get all floppy. I would go with the low e (in your case b) to be at least 52. You can get the ernie ball light tops heavy bottoms which run 10-52. When you switch strings like that, you will need to adjust your truss rod due to the change in tension, which leads to an action adjustment, and most importantly intonation adjustment.
Drop B is the same as drop D. Except you tune the E down 5 half steps or semi tones and the others 3. As far as adjusting anything, it really shouldnt matter if its a strat tremolo seeing as you cant pull them upwards in pitch.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
You'll have to continue to tighten the springs so the tremelo is close to flat with the body of the guitar or as you tune with heavy gauge strings it will just lift off the body.

Good point, this will definately need to be done. Then redone when you change the truss rod, then redone when you change the action.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=606293

For your tremelo...

Yep, there is a lot of time involved in dropping a strat that low. I did with Not Even Slinkies and it took a while to get it right.

Good point, this will definately need to be done. Then redone when you change the truss rod, then redone when you change the action.
In the Valley of Vung
Last edited by Mr. Parker at Oct 9, 2008,