Well, my new guitar should (hopefully) be getting hear any day now and I intend on picking up an amp when it comes in. Here's the kicker, I've only got a budget of about $125 or so for an amp. So far the amps I've mainly been looking at is the Roland Cube, but have also been hearing that the new Peavey Vypyrs are quite good as well. This will really only be a bedroom amp that I'll occasionally tote over to a buddy's house. I'll mainly be playing metalish stuff on this amp.

The guitar I'll be using on the amp is a Godin Detour.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Godin-Detour-Electric-Guitar?sku=511870

Any input is much appreciated.
I've tried both and I definitely prefer the Vypyr. The Cube is too sterile for anything except metal, but the Vypyr can fake more than just metal, and it just does metal better IMO.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Out of curiosity, which Cube did you try? And would you recommend any other amps at my price range?
Ha ha, cubes don't suck. I would say try the Vypyr 15, MicroCube and Vox Da5. See which you like better. The Vypyr metal settings are modeled after a lot of famous amps like the cube but they are new, and reliability hasn't been proven. The Roland and Vox are both known reliable amps. Of those two the Cube is better for metal, IMO. So try all three it's a matter of preference.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Ha ha, cubes don't suck. I would say try the Vypyr 15, MicroCube and Vox Da5. See which you like better. The Vypyr metal settings are modeled after a lot of famous amps like the cube but they are new, and reliability hasn't been proven. The Roland and Vox are both known reliable amps. Of those two the Cube is better for metal, IMO. So try all three it's a matter of preference.

sorry gregs1020 i guess i was never into cubes but i heard there good for the price.