Page 1 of 2
I guess this was the best place to put this..go ahead and do something if its the wrong genre (TH is a bit..undefined)

A lot of people seem to have bad feeling towards them. I personally adore their music. I went to see them live and it was an amazing performance. I'm constantly harrased for being a fan, people are telling me they have no talent, and that they'rejust in it for the money. Bill has been singing since he was 6 and Tom playing guitar since he was 7, both spent all their free time doing that (they just turned 19 a few weeks ago). Georg has been a bassist since the thrid grade I believe and Gustav a drummer since childhood. There's no way they can't have some talent. And they're nt in it for the money either, they didn't even expect to get a call from Benjamin Ebel. Their lyrics are amazing too, god know how many people they\ve saved with the song "Spring Nicht"
So, what are your opinions on Tokio hotel and WHY?
(If ou've never listened ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHq-dtBOvgk)
You say talent but you say theyve been playing since that young. I don't know if talent is the right word. Who can really say who has talent? That word is used far too loosely.

But anywho, i've heard some things.. this song you posted is probably the best i've heard by them. I personally don't like them, I don't like his vocals too much, I feel they're a bit soft.

That's just me-
Quote by Drasnius
They look like they where kicked out of Kingdom Hearts.

So? Thats just one person out of four. And why does a band's visual image seem to count for more than the music?
Just because Bil\s hair is highly flammable doesn\t mean their music sucks
If you like their music, you should be proud of that.
There are always going to people that hate, that's just the way it works, nothing wrong with that at all.

I love listening to John Mayer, i know for a fact many hate him.

People notice THs image first and that already says sets a precedence.. then even if the music is decent, theyre going to have a dislike towards them bc they hate their image.

Just like what u want bro, don't worry about these things.
Quote by emP
You say talent but you say theyve been playing since that young. I don't know if talent is the right word. Who can really say who has talent? That word is used far too loosely.

But anywho, i've heard some things.. this song you posted is probably the best i've heard by them. I personally don't like them, I don't like his vocals too much, I feel they're a bit soft.

That's just me-

Thanks for actually giving a reason though : )
Maybe experience is a better word?

I'd say Bill's voice will get rougher with age, although I think he stopped smoking (not sure-my twin is the Bill Expert) but I know for SURE he drinks a bit. and his twin smokes. So maybe you could wait a bit and listen to them in a few years?
Quote by emP
If you like their music, you should be proud of that.
There are always going to people that hate, that's just the way it works, nothing wrong with that at all.

I love listening to John Mayer, i know for a fact many hate him.

People notice THs image first and that already says sets a precedence.. then even if the music is decent, theyre going to have a dislike towards them bc they hate their image.

Just like what u want bro, don't worry about these things.

I am proud to be a fan. To me it seems that a lot of people, especially here, hate them with a passion for no good reason (Bill making you question your sexuality does not count-almost happened to me)

I don't see why they do though. Visual Image is just a bonus
I've been a fan for awhile. My favorite song would be Heilig.
"It's fun until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious."
Haha oh god, the memories.
I live in germany, so I've been following this band ever since I saw 'Durch Den Monsoon' on Viva.
I remember standing there like O.o b.c. we weren't sure if he was a girl or a guy. This was before his voice got mysteriously deeper even though he was already 16 x)
But still. I didn't imagine that they would be famous worldwide. I absolutely hate their fans but I definitely still enjoy the music, and both the english and german versions of 'Monsoon' are my favourites.
I think they deserve the fame and the fans, they're deff talented and special :]
♥xx♥

Is this pop-punk these days?
It sounds like the guitarist struggled to learn 'Fuel' by Metallica.

I don't get where the pop-punk/emo is in this...
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
They're okay. I like the band, except the guitar player. I can't stand that dude. He tries to look all br00t4lz with his guitar down to his knees, f*cking gay imo.

TS, at least you don't hide it that you're a fan, i'll give you props for that. I think they're listen-able, but i'm not gonna go buy a t-shirt, lol.

btw, someone posted the lead singer in the Hot Chicks Thread.
O O

___
Quote by j0nmcc
mod high five

I think the pp/emo in this band comes from the singer's haircut Andrew. Or something, I don't know anymore.
one of my friends is obsessed with them. she said she would pay me alot of money(unspecified) if i went to a concert and took pictures with her camera.

she made me listen to them, theyre good. i just dont like that type of music all that much, theyre probly talented but that type of music is really simple and they dont show it. it doesnt mean they dont have it.
PSN: KevGuy47
------▓▓▓▓▓
----▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
----▒▒▒░░
--░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒
------░░░░░░░
----▒▒▒▒▒
--▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
░░▓▓░░
░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
----▓▓▓----▓▓▓
--▒▒▒--------▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒--------▒▒▒▒
Quote by the_astronaut

I think the pp/emo in this band comes from the singer's haircut Andrew. Or something, I don't know anymore.

Aaaaah, of course!

(can we move this to Modern Rock or something?)

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
frenchy has said they don't go there

the "pop-punk/emo" (read: pop rock) forum seems the most appropriate place to discuss 'em imo...
Well then, time to teach that Frenchy a lesson!

RateYourMusic
I like this thread already. The high concentration of mods in this one is

On topic, I can't stand TH. They're unoriginal and the singer's got a pretty bad voice IMO. They've been very popular with girls from 9-15 here, but lately it's been pretty quiet around them.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
there are always haters...
i personally adore the killers and so many people hate them...
but i dont care, coz i like their music...
so cheers!!
i dont listen to tokio hotel much but i have many friends who like them..
Don't really like them all that much. Their only song I really know is Ready, Set, Go, and I thought it was kind of obnoxious.

Their not very good musicians for having been playing for over ten years...
Tokio Hotel is my favourite band. I think they kick ass.
It seems they are not very popular in North America though. They have millions of fans in Europe though. I guess the two continents are just too dissimilar. Long live TH.
no, please, just no.
Quote by megadeth rule
how do you trip on acid? was your shoelace untied?

Quote by perry589
Mikko, you remind me of a clogged up toilet. You're the poo that won't go away.
Oh man, why did this have to be bumped? This literally cries for Pop-Punk/Emo.

...would you love me?
[quote=""[It's Alex"]"]Haha oh god, the memories.
I live in germany, so I've been following this band ever since I saw 'Durch Den Monsoon' on Viva.
I remember standing there like O.o b.c. we weren't sure if he was a girl or a guy. This was before his voice got mysteriously deeper even though he was already 16 x)
But still. I didn't imagine that they would be famous worldwide. I absolutely hate their fans but I definitely still enjoy the music, and both the english and german versions of 'Monsoon' are my favourites.
I think they deserve the fame and the fans, they're deff talented and special :]
i love tokio hotel. im a huge fan but like you said i absolutely hate their fans and im nothing like them either. i heard their music back in 05' and i was like "hmm their pretty good." i did my research and they're my fave band. i have nothing against people who hate them because they have their opinion about them like the fans do. i like a lot of different kinds of music and some if it is the total opposite of tokio hotel. i like watever sounds good and they do to me and if people dont like them thats fine. i respect their opinion
Quote by Kino Chan

So, what are your opinions on Tokio hotel and WHY?

I don't really like them, though I'm not one to go out and bash another band, but you asked WHY I don't like them.

I first saw them on Conan O'Brien. I was unbiased then. I figured, well, if they've made it to the American audience from Germany, it must not be that bad. Nothing about them really stuck to me, the music was kind of bland, the vocals were nothing to shake a stick at, and the songwriting was more-or-less what everyone else is doing (and has been doing for quite some time now). I think the band cares too much about how they're perceived. Maybe when they drop their balancing act of Style vs Substance they'll lose their haters.

Plus, they sound like Paramore with a guy singer.
[neat signature]
Not original, not talented, doesn't sound good at all. I can't stand music like this, it's not just them.
Well, they've been praised here in Germany that they write their songs themselves, but in fact they have a team of songwriters working for them, that's probably the reason why they sound so generic. And the lyrics are downright embarrassing.

...would you love me?
Page 1 of 2