So i work at an ice cream/hot dog shop and don't necessarily like it because i don't get paid enough or enough hours. at the interview for this job i said i wanted make 7.25 and they said ok then 4 weeks later when i got my 1st check i found out i was makin minumum wage and on top of all that they preach that they are christian and the store only plays christian music. one day after work i left and forgot to clock out, a chick i work with called me and told me and i figured she clocked me out and told the manager and got it fixed. well i just looked at my bank account online and she didn't do either and i got paid about an extra $150. should i tell them and can i get in trouble(legally) if i dont?

sorry bout the long post
Say you didn't notice anything.
I'm Christian too.
If you have to ask, just do the "right" thing out of the two.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Unless one of the commandments is 'Thou shalt punch out at the end of thine shift', you're good to go.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Leagally its the same as stealing. If they pay any attention to their buisiness they will notice and you will look like either an idiot for not noticing or an ass for keeping it.
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
if thier screwing you in the pay that you asked for, keep the cash. think of it as being reimbursed for the missed wages.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
though. you cant get in trouble legally cause it was your mistake first but then they said they would take care of it,making it their own fault. I cant definatly say if its wrong morally, you didnt steal it, they gave it to you willingly
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
take in your paycheck and explain the mistake, then also explain the mistake with them forgetting to pay you the 7.25 an hour your verbally agreed to. You can't legally get them for breaking their verbal contract, but emphasizing your own honesty while questioning theres might get you back up to the pay you deserve...

In all seriousness, they won't give you a raise though.
Dudes, honestly, 150$ isn't that much.
They won't notice, trust me.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by doofus41
i think i gonna show them and hope they let me keep it... good idea??

Do what you must.
But you know they're gonna take it outta your next paycheck, right?
Quote by angus fan16
At my buisiness similar things have happened. Never did we allow the employee to keep it. It is not theirs to keep. It was your mistake it is YOUR responsability to fix it. If you dont try to fix it then what you have done is stolen time for which you were paid, AKA fraud. Last time I checked stealing was a crime. I highly doubt that when I found out I would press charges but certainly you would be fired.

Keep in mind if the employer made a mistake and underpaid you by $150 you would expect to have that corrected.

Also I am curious what minimum wage is in your state ($7.75 here) and what makes you worth more than that working at an icecream stand.
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
Last edited by telemonster at Oct 10, 2008,
federal minimum wage is I think $5.75 now, and that's what it is in several states.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i live in ky by cincinatti... probably gonna tell em so i dont get a go directly to hell card
Minimum wage is 8.50 here.
Quote by angus fan16
Quote by Froboarder
Minimum wage is 8.50 here.

+1

I feel sorry for you guys.
Quote by Avedas
+1

I feel sorry for you guys.

Buahaha!
Go Canada! >=D
Quote by angus fan16
Quote by CaptainRon
Just ask for forgiveness... that's how Christianity works.

You can't purposely do something wrong and then just ask for forgiveness.

That's not how it works.
Last.fm
Quote by Weybl Himself
It's the Pit, every day is Dumbass Question Day
Quote by dullsilver_mike
take in your paycheck and explain the mistake, then also explain the mistake with them forgetting to pay you the 7.25 an hour your verbally agreed to. You can't legally get them for breaking their verbal contract, but emphasizing your own honesty while questioning theres might get you back up to the pay you deserve...

In all seriousness, they won't give you a raise though.

I think this is the way to go. They probably won't give you a raise (as was pointed out), but you'll be safe from getting caught and they will at least view you as an honest employee, which could end up being an advantage.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by CaptainRon
He didn't purposely do something wrong.

I realize it was an accident, but if he does nothing to try and correct the mistake it would be the same as stealing.
Last.fm
Quote by Weybl Himself
It's the Pit, every day is Dumbass Question Day
Give the money back to them,explain the mistake.Because they are christian they will view as moraly good and there will be all kinds of beneifits.And raise the issue of your pay rise aswell.Honestly it's the best thing to do.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.