Currently I am learning The Remembrance Ballad (by Atreyu) (link included, to tabs), and I am having trouble with the part where I have to hold the 15, 17, 18 notes on the 1st string, then strum and pull them off.

The thing is, whenever I strum then pull off, no matter how I position my fingers, I get a high sound, then a thud when I pull my fingers off.

Any tips with how I should try pulling off?
Quote by Six_One_Zipp
If I had to do the nasty with any guitarist it'd definitely be Herman Li,

The sex would be just like his playing, fast, sloppy, and dissapointing.
Last edited by Horgande at Oct 10, 2008,
Quote by Horgande
Currently I am learning The Remembrance Ballad (by Atreyu) (link included, to tabs), and I am having trouble with the part where I have to hold the 15, 17, 18 notes on the 1st string, then strum and pull them off.

The thing is, whenever I strum then pull off, no matter how I position my fingers, I get a high sound, then a thud when I pull my fingers off.

Any tips with how I should try pulling off?

Unless you're applying too much pressure and causing the high e string to slip off the fingerboard and get caught on the edge of a fret, then I don't know what your problem could be. A dead fret, maybe?
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Instead of playing it in a normal position (ie index on 15th, middle on 16th, ring on 17th, and pinky on 18th), try playing it with your index on the 15th, middle on the 17th, and ring on the 18th.
If that doesn't help, get some finger strength.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Alright, thanks guys, I'll check try that out.
Quote by Six_One_Zipp

Sounds like youre just lifting your finger up off the string. You cant just do this, you have to 'pull' your finger kind of sideways off the string, kind of strumming it with your finger i guess. It should stay pretty loud if youre doing it right.
Yeah, I think I've got it right, the technique of pulling it off etc. Just need to practice strumming it while pulling off.
Quote by Six_One_Zipp