To preface this, my friend is the other guitarist in my band. He has always been kind of quiet, but for the most part, he is completely normal.

Soooo, my friend took shrooms two nights ago. He tried to go home, but his car ran out of gas. While walking at around 2 in the morning, he threw away his clothes, phone, and car keys. The police found him walking naked in the street, and they just took him home. His mom tried to keep him in the house, but he kept trying to leave. She locked the doors, so he threw the dining room table through his sliding glass door. He jumped threw it and cut his arm in the process. His mom tackled him and took him to the hospital. He has been in the psychiatric ward for almost 2 days now, and he isn't back to normal. They are now saying that he might be permanently ****ed up.

He also, apparantly told his mom that he and I did acid a year ago in her house, and that we had a party last saturday night. Both of these are true.

My mom is asking me if I know if he has actually done any psychedelics in the past, because it might be necessary for his health to know that.

I know he has done acid twice, and shrooms a few times. What do I say?

If I tell the truth, I get in trouble, all of my friends do, including the one who did all this. I also don't really see how knowing that information could help him.

But if I lie, maybe it would have helped somehow, and I'm somehow messing things up.
I bet you five bucks that I play guitar.
Truth. Maybe they'll forgive you on the basis of your confession. Lies will only collapse back on you.
I would just tell them the truth, she already knows you have done acid at least once so you might as well
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Medication is a weird thing, if you lie about something you could be medicated with something that can be very harmful. If you say he's never done any drugs, especially if you say he hasn't done any recently, they could give him something that could react with something in his system that might seriously compromise his health.
Quote by Lethal Dosage
I would just tell them the truth, she already knows you have done acid at least once so you might as well

Sorry, I didn't make that clear. They don't know I did acid. At the moment, they are disregarding everything he says, because he is still tripping out.
I bet you five bucks that I play guitar.
Tell the truth, the worst that could happen is you're going to get in trouble with your parents, and they already know you have so what's the problem? You really think the police are going to prosecute some kids that did acid a while back? No way.
You should tell her about his prior experience with drugs, so there is a chance that the doctors will find out what is wrong with him.
Just tell them you did acid a year ago. I doubt your mom will care ALL that much for something that happened so long ago. Don't jeopardize your friend's health in any way.
Quote by thrash64
Sorry, I didn't make that clear. They don't know I did acid. At the moment, they are disregarding everything he says, because he is still tripping out.

Who's really going to care? most people that have been born between the 1960's to the mid 90's that say they've never done drugs are probably lying. You may be in trouble for a little while but no one is going to care about it in the long run, cause it's not that abnormal. You could lie and say you or your friend have never done drugs, and you don't get in trouble, but at what cost? your friend is the one that's going to have to pay for you trying to save your ass.
You don't have to say you did drugs just tell them that you're aware that he has done acid and shrooms before. Even if you do get in trouble tell the truth anyway.