I have already learned the Am pentatonic scale and it's five positions what is another good scale to learn that is commonly used? Another pent scale? or something else?
Try looking into modes.
opportunities are endless when you have them down.
Harmonic minor is also common
EDIT: also, you may know the scale but do you really know how to use it? can you improv around and switch between the positions smoothly?
If not then just stay with that for a while, until you can
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Learn the pentatonic scales in their entirety: learn every note in a given position, and remember that 7 notes is an octave. Therefore, 8 notes from the notes you started on in a position is the same note one octave up; that note is also the scale you've just played (i.e. starting 3rd fret A string would be a C scale).

Also, the major/minor scales would be good to learn if you haven't already.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
If you know Am pentatonic then you know all the minor pentatonic scales, and if you dodn't realise that then you need to learn some basics.

Learn the notes on the fretboard, learn your intervals and learn the major scale - the Crusade articles by Josh Urban inthe Columns section will point you in the right direction.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by LedZepFan2000
I have already learned the Am pentatonic scale and it's five positions what is another good scale to learn that is commonly used? Another pent scale? or something else?

G pentatonic or one of the 1st diatonics i think are important.
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
Learn the notes of the scale and learn to play it in different keys. Learn to play it both 6th string root and 5th string root.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play