Ok, i just recently got a acoustic guitar for my bday. I was wondering what types of strings are good for acoustic rock songs. ex: im learning "never too late" by 3DG right now
Well, just normal strings.
Since you're playing rock, don't get nylons. Get steel/bronze.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
I use 10 gauge Elixir strings for my acoustic. Provide perfect versatility.

And 11 Ernie Ball RS strings for my electric.

I would highly recommend spending the extra money for Elixir strings, and use a higher grade gauge; I consider 10 to be pretty light. I use that gauge for blues and open tunings and a little easier to finger pick for me.
The arent any strings that are going to make your guitar more suited for rock music. Finding the right strings for you is just going to be a matter of trial and error. My personal recommendation is elixir polywebs.
for some reason Elixirs have always made any guitar sound 3x better to me than any other set of brand new strings, don't know what it is about them I've compared to the D'Addario coated ones side by side too, Elixirs just seem to ring out more sound better
Last edited by ZagsElite at Oct 11, 2008,
i have dunlop's 10's in my acoustic which I never play
i am much of an electric player..
Quote by Mayo5
I use 10 gauge Elixir strings for my acoustic. Provide perfect versatility.

And 11 Ernie Ball RS strings for my electric.

I would highly recommend spending the extra money for Elixir strings, and use a higher grade gauge; I consider 10 to be pretty light. I use that gauge for blues and open tunings and a little easier to finger pick for me.

I second this vote.
Elixir's are worth the extra $
Mr Deetag
THE ONE AND ONLY
My friends:
Marco,thebassmaster,angie-rose morbid death,Bubonic
turinbrakes.dace
DRK HRSE & Leno
ahallicks.wahappen...geesh!