Hello, i have just been reading about the infamous Varg Vikernes and i have a question

im reading off wikipedia (and i dont trust wikipedia)

and it has the following statement

IS THIS TRUE???????????????????????????
It cant be can it?

CAN IT?
some one please enlighten me

In the Lords of Chaos interview, Vikernes recalls an incident from his childhood: When he was about 6 year old, the family moved for about a year to Baghdad in Iraq, because Vikernes' "father was working for Saddam Hussein",[13]developing a computer program. Since there were no places available in the English school in Baghdad, the young Vikernes went to an Iraqi elementary school during this time. According to his interview, Vikernes here became "aware of racial matters".[12]Corporal punishment was not uncommon in the school to which he went, and on one occasion Vikerenes came into a "quarrel" with a teacher, calling him "a monkey". But, as Vikernes perceived it: the teachers "didn't dare to hit me because I was white".[12] Vikernes' mother also recalls how they "spent a year in Iraq", and that "the other children in his class would get slapped by their teachers; he would not."[14] She mentions that this created problems, but generally she "has no good explanation of how Varg" developed his views.[15] Vikernes reveals slightly more in his interview. When he is asked about his father, Vikernes tells that he "had a swastika flag at home"[13] and that his father was hysterical about it. However, Vikernes feels that his father was a hypocrite, because he was worried about Vikernes "being a Nazi", whereas he too was "pissed about all the colored people he saw in town".[13] About his mother, Vikernes says that she was "very race concious", in the sense that she was afraid that Vikernes "was going to come home with a black girl!"[16] At the time the interview was taken (1995), Vikernes still had a positive relation with his mother, but "very little contact" with his father.[13] As a matter of fact, Vikernes' parents are divorced. Vikernes' father is said to have "left about 10 years ago",[13] that would have been 1985, when Vikernes was 12.

Bold Is what im questioning

Thankyou
Dean
Originally Posted by CaptainJack666
i can see why he likes elevators, theyre a truly uplifting experience

Join The NSW FTW Group
PM Lrn2shrd69, Greekmagician or dougie_mate to join.
it says it was in an interview, it was false. everyone was to afraid to interview him and made up interviews.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
knew it was bollocks lol, why did they saddam tho? thats such an out there thing to say

thanks

Join The NSW FTW Group
Read it again man, it has a quote of his mother calling him Varg. Slightly fishy in my opinion
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Besides Varg is a lying fag anyway. He can't make up his mind what he wants to be. He lies about himself, the media lies about him and his mother lies about him. Truth is Varg is just a scrawny pussy who got beat up alot so he built a "terrifying" legend around himself to scare people off.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I hope Varg comes out of prison sometime soon. And if he does, though he said he's not a part of Black Metal anymore (and also claims he never was), I hope he releases a new album.
Quote by TheBabySnatcher
+1

Vikernes is well read and has a lot of interesting things to say. A lot of his 'hypocracy' is normally the result of being misquoted.
Last edited by mortiis999 at Oct 10, 2008,
Quote by mortiis999

Vikernes is well read and has a lot of interesting things to say. A lot of his 'hypocracy' is normally the result of being misquoted.

You seem to be missing the fact that HE MURDERED SOMEONE!!!
Bristol Rovers

Up the Gas!

Please, call me Joe.
Quote by templar08

So did Faust. But you still listen to early Emperor, right?

After all, Varg is a philosopher more than anything, and philosophy is largely about bullshit.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Varg is a legendary arse-talker.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Firenze
So did Faust. But you still listen to early Emperor, right?

After all, Varg is a philosopher more than anything, and philosophy is largely about bullshit.

I love early Emperor. Far better than their later stuff.
I really, really want to just give him a hug and a nice hot chocolate.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by templar08

It was only Euronymous, so it wasn't that bad.

More Burzum > justice.
Quote by AzureNight
It was only Euronymous, so it wasn't that bad.

More Burzum > justice.

Deathcrush and Mysteriis >>> Aske, Burzum, and Det Som Engang Var combined

R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Hvis is great.

Everything else = failure
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by dminishedthingy
i see you conveniently left out Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
is there something you wish to tell us Slay?

We all know he is still in the closet. Give the guy a break.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Mayhem > Emperor > Burzum

Faust deserves to rot in gaol, as does Varg. If you murder someone, you're a murderer. Just because it's part of your bullshit image doesn't mean everyone should be like "nawww he's a good musician. GOOD ON YA!"
Why does everyone seem to suck his **** so much? He's a ****ing criminal and deserves his sentence.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
Why does everyone seem to suck his **** so much? He's a ****ing criminal and deserves his sentence.

Because hes very talented and makes music people like. Most people on here who are fans say he deserves his sentence anyway. I don't. Better Oystein then Varg.
im a big fan of his music
and i think the whole image thing he made for himself is kool, and intresting

but i still think hes a horrible person for killing another man, and deserves his sentance 100%

he should be in jail for life, but norweigan law is maximum 21 years

Join The NSW FTW Group
Quote by Internal Chaos
So, Varg killed a man and you don't think he should be in gaol?

Being in an ancient country has nothing to do with this . But one of them was going to die, I think Varg was the better of the two.