I aquired a Fender humbucker some time ago for a very very cheap price. It had came off a custom shop guitar (model unknown) and been replaced as it was too powerful, it simply has 'Fender' stamped to the back and a DC resistance of 19.6k (or 19.something anyway, I think it was 6).

Its currently fitted to my showmaster in the bridge position and blows away the SD hotrails fitted along side it.

Anyone any Ideas? It looks just like a stock humbucker, was white until I sprayed it black, no distinctive markings or anything.

Cheers.
Gibson SG VooDoo/Fender Satin Strat/Squire showmaster heavily customized
Fender Deluxe112 amp/Line6 POD2/Crybaby classic

10 years and counting
Last edited by myromeo at Oct 10, 2008,
hmm, guess not.

Ive done a bit of research and it would appear whatever it is it sits between the Atomic and the Enforcer pickups in the range, any ideas? I would really like to know what it is or what it came from!

10 years and counting
I know the Enforcer runs at 24k which is stupidly high - which is why it sounds like poo, messy poo. Didnt or isnt John5 using them?

the Atomics run closer to 15k i believe....

So like you say, it sits in between - and probably doesnt sound amazing - some beef - but little clarity i suspect and mediocre cleans.....

Any more ideaaaas?

SD Hotrails are utterly terrible anyway and are a lame excuse for a bucker - how Maiden get as good a sound as they do....anyones guess.......wait - oh they have three guitarists!
Quote by davedoom

SD Hotrails are utterly terrible anyway and are a lame excuse for a bucker - how Maiden get as good a sound as they do....anyones guess.......wait - oh they have three guitarists!

Agreed the lil 59 and JB jr blow the hot rails out of the water, they sound really good concidering they are half the size of a regular humbucker
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
the HR gives the sound I want it to tho so i'm happy with that at the neck. its my least played guitar and is generally just used for jamming.

so does anyone have any idea what this fender bucker might be? oh and for the record, i find it sounds very clear when you reduce the volume and gives very crisp notes with the volume up. i certainly like it.

10 years and counting