Within the next few weeks I've decided to go ahead and go purchase my first seven string guitar. Now, I've come down to the RG1527 or the Dean Razorback 7 string. I must say, the RG is one sexy beast.

Any advice is appreciated, just looking for opinions of the guitars - pros, cons etc.
Thanks for the help.
Quote by RandyRhoads2
Woah...wait, they make a 7 string Razorback?

TO GUITAR CENTER!

Yeah, looks very nice in white with the black trim. EMG 707 pickups with LFR. Quite a fast neck too. The choice between these guitars is killing me, but unfortunately I can only afford one of them.
Quote by shadow phoenix
Yeah, looks very nice in white with the black trim. EMG 707 pickups with LFR. Quite a fast neck too. The choice between these guitars is killing me, but unfortunately I can only afford one of them.

....dean razorback with EMG 707.....and you are still here....? FOOOOOL!!!!!! Go right now!! è_é

why not a schecter raiser? c7 raiser è___é
Last edited by ZaÐ at Oct 10, 2008,
The only thing keeping me from purchasing the Razorback right away was the LFR. I've heard that they can be quite unreliable. The schecter series were in mind, as I have heard a fair few people on here play them - but my local music shop can't really get them in. Sucks being in Australia for music stuff >_>
Quote by ZaÐ
....dean razorback with EMG 707.....and you are still here....? FOOOOOL!!!!!! Go right now!! è_é

why not a schecter raiser? c7 raiser è___é

They make 7 string Schecters?

TO GUITAR CENTER!

kidding...
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

I personally hate the Razorbacks, the necks on them aren't anything special and the LFR is a fail to me. Go with the Ibanez 1527 and swap the pups if you desire so, it's a prestige and MIJ compared to the Razorback which if I'm not mistaken is made in Korea, I don't know if it's American made or not, but regardless Ibanez by far IMO.
Quote by bowen
I personally hate the Razorbacks, the necks on them aren't anything special and the LFR is a fail to me. Go with the Ibanez 1527 and swap the pups if you desire so, it's a prestige and MIJ compared to the Razorback which if I'm not mistaken is made in Korea, I don't know if it's American made or not, but regardless Ibanez by far IMO.

+1
Razorbacks aren't that great, the Ibby looks sweet, id go with it
Well the Ibanez definitely feels a lot more solid. I'll probably go for it. Thanks for all the help.