Page 1 of 4
...that they are actually good-looking. More specifically, my girlfriend. I didn't put this in the relationship thread because I suppose it could apply to anyone - not just people in a relationship. and also because the relationship thread isn't always as helpful as we'd like to think.

Anyway, I've tried everything. I'm sure part of her refusing is modesty, but she is REALLY stubborn about it. I'm pretty sure she actually thinks she's ugly to an extent. Blasphemy, I say.

I came prepared with a pic, because this is the pit and I would be considered rude not to post it: http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/9882/dsc02946nw8.jpg
It's not the best picture of her, but its the only one she'll let me use because of the reason described above.

Anyway, thanks if you can be bothered helping! I'm not expecting any more than a handful of replies to this.
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
That photo is way too close-up and overexposed to tell, but she looks very pretty.

I guess you could show her these posts.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Dunno how to convince her, but she's really hot. I think modesty is a good thing too, so I'd say she's fine.
Sounds like she's fishing for compliments

from what I can tell from that picture she's quite pretty
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Make her dress up in really ugly clothes and take a photo, compare photos and she'll see how good looking she is compared t the 'ugly' photo.

Or, show her the photo of the Myspace girl with no chin.
RULE BRITANNIA
yeah, some people (like myself) just say that they don't think they are attractive,
just for that extra bit of attention and positive affection.
it's hard to tell from that photograph, but she's seems quite pretty.

We're a pretty hard audience to please on UG, and if everyone has been saying positive things about her so far that's a pretty good sign.

There's really not a whole lot you can do, just treat her the best you can and tell her she's beautiful every second possible, not just when she asks. She'll get it some day.

Then again, hopefully she won't, because there's nothing worse than a girl that knows she's pretty.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
Tell her that if she was ugly no-one would love her. You love her, her parents love her (I think), 1+1=2
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Quote by Bendybaws

Ahah, she's done that admittedly in the past. but by now she's probably sick of them

Anyway, thanks for being helpful folks. She's gonna see this thread

Yeah, she's pretty. Just keep telling her, and call her beautiful (like saying "hey beautiful" instead of her name). Stuff like that. It will take time, but you will make a difference. My ex had the same problem, and it took 4 or 5 months to be honest.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
She has pretty eyes and facial structure, but the picture is too close and overexposed as stated above.

Just show her these posts. Then again, strangers sayng she's beautiful may not be her cup of tea...
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
If she's as self-conscious as you say maybe putting her picture on a guitar forum--especially the pit--without telling her is a bad idea. But then again she might find the responses pleasant.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by Rust_in_Peace34
If she's as self-conscious as you say maybe putting her picture on a guitar forum--especially the pit--without telling her is a bad idea. But then again she might find the responses pleasant.

True, but I told her. She specifically requested that picture if I was going to use one.

Erg, its 12:40am. I'm off - thanks, pit!

Quote by Rust_in_Peace34

Just don't mention that 48% of us will grow up to be potential rapists.
Last edited by imdeth at Oct 10, 2008,
She's just fishing for compliments, stupid.

Edit: dammit - someone else has already said that. It's still true though.
My net's going way to slow for me to bother opening the pic, but she should trust you mean it when you say it. It's one of those things guys never lie about.

Edit: smb, that may be true, but it's quite possible that she isn't. I have met quite a few girls who don't think they are good-looking, they havn't said they don't, but you can tell by how they hold themselves and there confidence. And they are really pretty, it's sad.
Last edited by Regression at Oct 10, 2008,
Quote by En_zed
True, but I told her. She specifically requested that picture if I was going to use one.

Erg, its 12:40am. I'm off - thanks, pit!

So really, she's a self centred little madam who gets off on strangers saying she's good looking? You've got a keeper there son.
There's a delicate art to dealing with this sort of thing. Give her a bit of the old "Well...you could have made more effort today...but usually you look pretty good" and a dose of "Of course you look great...when you've had a bit more sleep"

She'll soon stop asking.
Either she's fishing for compliments, to reinforce her true opinion of herself, which will ultimately lead to trouble for you, or she suffers from low self esteem. Either way I think it spells trouble.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Brilliant...
Quote by imdeth
Just don't mention that 48% of us will grow up to be potential rapists.

Hooray for my 52%.

...Who will grow up to be sociopathic murderers.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
A: dump the self centered insecure bitch

B: kiss her, touch her and stick it in her more often, she'll feel wanted.
Quote by Bendybaws

This.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
I love Injuyin's avatar.

TS, post another pic of her. A better quality one where we can e-standards it.
I use to say "you're beautiful/gorgeous/pretty/pulchritudinous/etc." everyday

until the end
./|\
(\o )=w==>
./ \

˙ᴥ˘
Last edited by Animorphy at Oct 10, 2008,
Show her this thread, she'll realise then.
Either that or tell her everyday how special she is and how beautiful she is. Explain to her how special she makes you feel and how lucky you are to have her.
Make her feel like the most special person in the world, and eventually she'll come round.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by BlackLuster
Show her this thread, she'll realise then.

I think she realises now, since she chose the photo for the TS to use.

I call either her, or this thread shennanigans. Either she's fishing for compliments over the internet (low) or the TS is trying to show off his beau over the internet (also low).
knock knock

who's there?

beautiful is

beautiful is who?

In soviet russia, beautiful is YOU!
./|\
(\o )=w==>
./ \

˙ᴥ˘
Last edited by Animorphy at Oct 10, 2008,
hawt
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
I want a full body pic, tits and ass included.

Failing that its repo time!

Amirite?
Quote by Joeval
Yeah, she's pretty. Just keep telling her, and call her beautiful (like saying "hey beautiful" instead of her name). Stuff like that. It will take time, but you will make a difference. My ex had the same problem, and it took 4 or 5 months to be honest.

i was talking to my female friends and they all said it creeps them out if guys call them beautiful too much, so say it sometimes, but dont replace it with her name 24 hours a day
----------------------------------------

Quote by Jacob6293
why couldn't the boy with only seven toes eat his own feet?

he was lack toes intolerant!!!!!!!

Quote by lzcougarz3
Mom keeps me clinically obese so I won't run away.
Dammit, why won't the link work?

EDIT: Wait, it works, and I agree with 99% of people in this thread. She's really beautiful. Sounds like she wants the compliments, though.
Quote by LordBishek
Well, straight up and blunt about it, I'd fuck her if she asked.

But no one ever does.

Don't feel bad, half of the Pit wouldn't have waited for her to ask.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Don't feel bad, half of the Pit wouldn't have waited for her to ask.

I'm a gentleman.
Holy crap she's stunning!

Lucky guy
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Page 1 of 4