is that possible? how much work would that be? I'm not too thrilled with EMG's. I like them but gets a bit samey, these Blackouts look cool and well priced.
So you think its possible to keep my bridge EMG and add a Blackout to the neck?
Quote by GaijinFoot
is that possible? how much work would that be? I'm not too thrilled with EMG's. I like them but gets a bit samey, these Blackouts look cool and well priced.
So you think its possible to keep my bridge EMG and add a Blackout to the neck?

Why wouldn't it be?
never had any active pickups before, but i would think so. both are active pickups after all.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
blackouts have the same quick connect system as EMGs so all it would take to get a black out in your guitar would be a few screw driver turns and a clip. seymour duncan did that for a reason
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
blackouts have the same quick connect system as EMGs so all it would take to get a black out in your guitar would be a few screw driver turns and a clip. seymour duncan did that for a reason

haha really? bet EMG are pissed, that's great though, that makes the likelyhood of me buying them 10 fold.

Cheers.
this is a great idea, too. each has different characteristics that makes havin both worthwhile...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
awesome. maybe i might get one for bridge and 85 or 60 for neck.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I have the Schecter Hellraiser and never been happy with the neck, too muddy, ok on the lower strings though.
I was thinking of moving the bridge to the neck and getting a bridge Blackout.
is there a difference between a blackout and a livewire?
i would put the Blackout in the bridge, and the EMG in the neck position. That would be a pretty sweet combo
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"