Okay...so i bought this pedal like 2 years ago and its worked (more or less) fine so far.

Recently, the pedal has been sticking a little. Say the pedal is on (LED is glowing), if i push on the footswitch, it doesn't switch off, however hard i try or however much i try.

The same thing sometimes happens if its off and i want to switch it on.
It works very occasionally, leaving me in one state or the other with basically no control over the on off switch.

Any explanations/suggestions/advice (not including telling me to change the pedal ) would be much appreciated.
the button has worn out. digitechs (and the company before it.. DOD) used some pretty crappy buttons.

you can send it in to get fixed.. or you can replace the button yourself with a better one from 'the source'
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
It's a very small button (i'm assuming you're talking about the little button on the pcb inside), so i wouldn't be very comfortable changing it myself. I'm a little clumsy at soldering.

I spoke to the guy at the shop i got it from and he said bring it over tomorrow, so maybe he might be able to do it.

If not, would any locking button from an electronics store be good enough?

Have you seen the bottom of the board? Is there any place to put a new button?
its needs to be a on/off momentary button. and its a bit cramped in there so it needs to be fairly small.. yet strong enough to be stepped on by a foot.

all i did was have wires come off of the existing metal feet that come from the switch thats already in the PCB, then connected those wires to the new button switch.

it was sloppy looking, but it worked far better than the original design.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82

all i did was have wires come off of the existing metal feet that come from the switch thats already in the PCB, then connected those wires to the new button switch.

it was sloppy looking, but it worked far better than the original design.

I haven't actually opened it coz i may have some warranty time left (if i can find that damn sheet!!)...so maybe some pictures of what you've done to yours and possibly a slightly clearer explanation?
I got it back about 2 weeks ago....all fixed!
It WAS just a button issue, i opened the battery compartment and the button inside was all shiny and new.

One more thing, this doesn't really offer much low gain usage, so are there any mods to actually be able to get low gain outta this?