from what I've heard, yes definatley
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by SidBarnett
so you have not tried one?

They are almost impossible to try out since they are made to order and only available from the manufacturer
I've never played one but I really would love one, they look amazing
ohai little sig.
From what I have heard, they are well worth the wait and then some.

Personally I cant justify the price tag for the concept of a thinner body, and somehow getting a majorly better guitar out of it.

Obviously a lot of workmanship must go into making them great but I'de have to be really blown away by the playability.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
They look ok. I personally dont really like em. The bodys look a bit too thin to me, and the headstock is quite Parker. But im sure they would play and sound great, just personally i couldnt justify paying so much for something i dont like too much.
Quote by carousel182
they look very nice, not worth a two year wait in my opinion though.

+1
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
^ yea thats very true... the guitars are pretty basic, they appear to be crafted very well though from the pictures. I definitely think that I could make any of those guitars as well for like 1/10th of the price lol.
^ You can build one of these for ~ £200?

The Ebony/Rosewood tops and the pickups alone would cost more than that.

You might not necessarily have to wait 2 years for one. I've seen more than one turn up for sale second hand. And I know a guy who is buying a finished B7 directly off Doug, because the original buyer dropped out.
Last edited by thedonutman at Oct 10, 2008,
So these are £2000 then?

Interesting....

My guitars will have "Handmade in England" on them.

£2k...really?? Groovy
Otrar. Dude, look at the pics. There is some of some finger boards, in a badly papered front room.
These guys are home builders too.

I think they like to use Old Wood.

Now, I know, most wood is "old" per se, but I did see that they use reclaimed wood, say from furniture that is old.

I have a nice piece of something (dark), that may have come from a Piano, it's at least 100 years old.

Will have to plane it up and get some pics up.

It's only about 3/4 inch thick, 8 inches wide and about 4 ft long, so I am not sure if it will bookmatch or not.

I hope so, if I can find a decent sized, fine toothed Bandsaw to do it on!
Oh ok! I see now. Rofl sorry.

Well then its cool. I don't think its worth so much money. Make your own, or get something done by one of the luthiers here, in my opinion.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
haha yes sad thing is i could easily build that for 200 euros.. how thick do you think that rosewood top is exactly... its probably just a veneer or a quarter inch drop top... i bet i could build t for 350 usd..
Quote by carousel182
haha yes sad thing is i could easily build that for 200 euros.. how thick do you think that rosewood top is exactly... its probably just a veneer or a quarter inch drop top... i bet i could build t for 350 usd..

Do it then, prove yourself.

www.blackmachine.net for all the info. Well, no point in waiting around carousel, start getting your parts!
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
I masturbationed on my bus driver.
Quote by bob farrell
This man speaks the truth. Pleez to be videoing your horrific death kthxbai.
I too would like to see you build the SAME guitar with same specs for $350, I call bullshit.
I think I could probably build the same for about £400.

He does use some madly expensive wood on some of em though. A snakewood blank thats big enough for a neck costs around £300-400 alone! I met him at music live a couple a years ago and had a blast on a ew of em. Hes a top guy and the guitars are a bit special but IMO some of the woods he uses arent all that great for the guitars tone.
to be fair, hes going to be a dealer with probably all the hardware and electronics he uses, plus will have lumber connections.

When you talking about getting stuff whole sale it really isnt that expensive. May be not quite £200 but definatly nearer to that than to £2000

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
Quote by carousel182

Stop talking.
Start building.
Otherwise its all bullshit

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
alright then luthiers what im looking for is the cheapest thing i can get at highest quality (if carved top adds so much to costs but not much to tone then ill leave that out)

Schecter/RG style body
Honduras Mahogany body brazillian/indian rosewood set neck
2xBareknuckle Pups coil tapped
Piezo Pup
No Inlays/binding
Tonepros Thru Body
Earvana Nut
Natural Finish
Satin/wax Finished Neck
\

Im in the UK BTW
Quote by jscustomguitars

He does use some madly expensive wood on some of em though. A snakewood blank thats big enough for a neck costs around £300-400 alone!

exactly, they use actual ebony for the tops on the guitars which is probably worth more than anything you own haha
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Quote by admbwr
exactly, they use actual ebony for the tops on the guitars which is probably worth more than anything you own haha

ebony doesnt resonate very well so im not sure about that choice
Quote by SidBarnett
ebony doesnt resonate very well so im not sure about that choice

I think they are hollow bodies (cavities).
haha ook sounds good... it all depends on the price of the parts... my time is obviously free because I'm a hobbyist... my wood is extremely cheap because i buy it at lumber yards.. i have a big bandsaw and everthing needed to turn rough lumber into blanks...

soo 270 usd..

also... when i said 1/10th of the price it was kind of an exaggeration but whatever i shall try.

EDIT: looking at the B6 on that site I'm guessing closer to 350-400 for that actuallly.
Last edited by carousel182 at Oct 11, 2008,
Quote by carousel182
haha ook sounds good... it all depends on the price of the parts... my time is obviously free because I'm a hobbyist... my wood is extremely cheap because i buy it at lumber yards.. i have a big bandsaw and everthing needed to turn rough lumber into blanks...

soo 270 usd..

also... when i said 1/10th of the price it was kind of an exaggeration but whatever i shall try.

EDIT: looking at the B6 on that site I'm guessing closer to 350-400 for that actuallly.

quote me for this then dude

Schecter/RG style body
Honduras Mahogany body brazillian/indian rosewood set neck
2xBareknuckle Pups coil tapped
Piezo Pup
No Inlays/binding
Tonepros Thru Body
Earvana Nut
Natural Finish
Satin/wax Finished Neck
basically the price of the hardware plus about 50 for the neck 50 for the body and 200-300 for my time possibly less...
Sid please stop posting your specs, carousel is in the US, you are in the UK

If you want a quote, you PM the luthier you are interested in having build your guitar for you, you dont spam up topics with it, most luthiers dont talk specific prices in public.

I think you should do a little more research into luthiers in the UK, and find the one whose style is closest to what you want, not whats cheapest.

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
Quote by Absent Mind
Sid please stop posting your specs, carousel is in the US, you are in the UK

If you want a quote, you PM the luthier you are interested in having build your guitar for you, you dont spam up topics with it, most luthiers dont talk specific prices in public.

I think you should do a little more research into luthiers in the UK, and find the one whose style is closest to what you want, not whats cheapest.

ill do what i want thanks its my thread.
Carousel, don't go cheaping out on the hardware, make sure it's all gotoh and/or schaller parts. EMG/Seymour duncan/DiMarzio pickups as well.

good luck. And make a progress thread.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
I masturbationed on my bus driver.
Quote by bob farrell
This man speaks the truth. Pleez to be videoing your horrific death kthxbai.