There is this Oi we hardly mention in here........I can imagine why, and I don´t like most of these bands, but I´d like to ask you what you think of some of those bands, which are known, because they tour continously
examples:
Angelic Upstarts
Argy Bargy
The Business
Chealsea
Discipline
The Oppressed
Wretched Ones
My parents have seen all of those live Argy Bargy, Angelic Upstairs and The Business are all ****ing awesome. Oh and Discipline The Crack are pretty good as well. Oi! is immense.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
Oi! is immense.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Discipline opened for Böhse Onkelz on their last show. Böhse Onkelz is a really well known band here, they make some kind of Oi, but the thing is they made songs like "Deutschland den Deutschen, Ausländer Raus" (Germany to the Germans, Foreigners out!). After one album they distanced from the nazi scene and said never again, though they gave then their hymn. Therefore I hate them and somehow I cannot really say Discipline are what I want.
In summer I saw Angelic Upstarts and found out that they got bashed by the oi scene for being political.......therefore lots of the oi bands are nothing for me, because they are populist skins who thnk without thinking
A friend of mine really likes the Angelic Upstarts. I've never listened to them.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Oi is one of those genres of punk I've never really explored.

I didn't DL some 4 Skins recently and I must say I dig some of it. Some of it is unspectacular. None of it is bad.

"Plastic Gangsters" is fabulous though.

I may explore the stuff further.
I never really got into Oi, not my thing. Also, the Oi we never talk about is all Oi, I never see it here.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I'm actually listening to 999 right now. They were mentioned here I don't know.

My friend has an 'Oi!' tattoo on his neck and whenever we go out people that don't know exactly what it is people ask him 'why do you have oil tattooed on your neck?' We crack up but he needs to get the exclaimation point redone it from a distance it does look like oil I guess. He's an artist too go figure.
Oi! is definitely interesting. I played in an Oi! wannabe band at one point. I was really into the Cockney Rejects at one point and still listen to Angelic Upstarts on occasion.
Oi! as a whole makes me sad, but then again, I doubt anyone expected me to like it, and I'm sure there's an exception to that rule. I'd love to find it, haha.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by StreetLight3989
I never really got into Oi, not my thing. Also, the Oi we never talk about is all Oi, I never see it here.

some oi bands are quite popular on here, but it's usually Cockney Rejects, and Oi Polloi....and some times bands liek **** Sparrer, Sham 69 & 4 Skins. but for the most part, it's not really as popular as alot of other the sub genres
Infa Riot does a few good songs, but only a few.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Argy Bargy are pretty damned good live. I can't even remember who I saw them play with... bugger.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
999 ain't no oi band!
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Love "Oi!"

Been listening to it alot recently, mainly Cockney rejects and **** sparrer. Catchy without being too poppy, but hard enough without being too abrasive.
+1 to C0ckSparrer... Another band my parent's have seen live many a time and even hung out with a few times at the Blackpool Rebellion festivals.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
I only know the business, chelsea and cocksparrer, and all are pretty much great..good stuff all round altho not my fav type of punk, its great stuff wen im in the mood
www.street-dogs.com
www.randytheband.com
www.maroonhate.com
**** Sparrer and the Business win I think.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present