ya so last night i got broken into, and they literally took everything, all my sentimental items, my appliances....everything. the only things they left me with were my school books, and all the contents of my drawers all over the house, and surprisingly all my alcohol and drugs. what really gets me is that someone that was totally not invited into my house came and went through all my personnals and shit. they also took a camera that had 3 years of photos on it that were never printed, so basically there's 3 years of our lives gone like nothing. i could not stay the night in my house, as for the cops are finger-printing and shit, so i cannot touch anything. i am so pissed and if i knew who they were i would steal all my shit back and then some, then i would beat the shit outta them till they cried for their mommies. they were defiantly children that robbed us and they better hope i don't find them before the cops do...

thanks for reading.

Any similar stories? feel free to share.
You should've rigged your house with maple syrup traps.

Seriously though that sucks. Did you have insurance?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
but they left your computer?!
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
yes i have insurance, but nothing can replace sentemental items...and they were like teenagers which the investigator told us from his investigations...and no they did take my computer, i'm at school right now.
ya guitars and all my amps and my bands gear...we practised at my house so all their stuff was there. drums too.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Children? I doubt it if they stole EVERYTHING. It's not like they can get it all into a trailer attached to the back of their trikes.

Anyways, I know a few people who've been burgled recently, and it sucks.

Burgled??
That word sounds amazing...
:]
Quote by lefthandman9876
your guitars too?

that sucks

always back up your photos man, external harddrive ftw

So a burgular isnt going to steal an external hard-drive?
lp345: It's a virus
rage6945: i went on a little bit torrent spree and got Jay-z's black album
nebno6:Maybe it's god punishing you for having a bad music taste.
nowa90:UGNED!!
Ouch, that sucks man

I almost got robbed. The dude was in my kitchen when I came down in the early morning for a drink and we scuffled a little, I succeeded in getting him out. Lucky all he stole was my phone and bike.
be careful of identity theft.
check to see if you have birth certificates, social security, credit card data, etc.
check for EVERYTHING

i would get new credit cards in case they have some of that info too.
How did they steal literally everything. They must of made a few lorry trips.

Were you in the house at the time?
Quote by metallica_19
what really gets me is that someone that was totally not invited into my house came and went through all my personnals and shit.

Sorry to laugh at your misfortune but isn't the above what burgulars do? I have never invited a burgular to go through my 'personnals'
I don't understand why people place that much value on photographs.

How does the fact that the camera is gone erase the events that were captured on that device?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
i live in a house away from civilization, so it would be easy for them to take everything cuz no one would see them...and i was at school all day. i was going to come home on my spare but instead i went somewhere else. k then didn't take "Literally" everything, they took the good stuff. the stuff that they can get rid of easily and make lots off of it. mostly everything
That sucks, man. Have you thought about putting a listing on Craigslist to see if anyone knows anything or if they bought any of those items?
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I don't understand why people place that much value on photographs.

How does the fact that the camera is gone erase the events that were captured on that device?

because memories fade, photographs don't
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by lefthandman9876
your guitars too?

that sucks

always back up your photos man, external harddrive ftw

i'm sure they would have taken the external too though...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
This is exactly why I just took out an insurance policy on all my equipment :/

I've been been robbed once, when I was a child back with my Mom. They too took anything worth a profit, except for leaving our small dial tv screen down on the floor in the living room, since apparently they were doing a half-assed attempt. There was a little humor to the situation however. The night before we had just taken out a new soap bar in the shower, and after a day or so I noticed that, it too, had been taken in their little raid :P. I guess thieves have to bathe too.

Just try and keep your head on straight bro
Quote by Bendybaws

but the fact that the photo's are gone erases those events from his memory?

it's just a picture which triggers the memory, the memory itself still has to be there.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Bendybaws

Really old ones do
plus they're much easier to burn
Quote by Kensai
You should've rigged your house with maple syrup traps.

Seriously though that sucks. Did you have insurance?

Insurance cant fix pictures of when you were young or your first guitar and that stuff

That blows though man *hug*

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by SillyRabbit
get a dog.

i have a vicious doberman and rottweiler which are both purebreds...and when i got home one was gone and the other was tied up, and was just lying there when i got home...he didn't even get up to great me or anything.
Last edited by metallica_19 at Oct 10, 2008,
Quote by metallica_19
i have a vicious doberman and rottweiler which are both purebreds...and when i got home one was gone and the other was tied up, and was just lying there when i got home...he didn't even get up to great me or anything.

You either got robbed from a bunch of professionals or Michael Myers.

Either way man that sucks.
Quote by metallica_19

Ouch man, this really must f**king suck big time.

Hmm, but if your doberman is as vicious as you say, why didnt he just eat the burgular?
lp345: It's a virus
rage6945: i went on a little bit torrent spree and got Jay-z's black album
nebno6:Maybe it's god punishing you for having a bad music taste.
nowa90:UGNED!!
i don't know, i wasn't there...they most likely disabled him for fear of their lives
Quote by Snuffles
Insurance cant fix pictures of when you were young or your first guitar and that stuff

That blows though man *hug*

Pfft, clearly we don't have the same insurance company.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████