there is no "best"

that said I like the Fultone OCD a lot. Works best with an 18v adapter IMO. Great clean boost and/or treble boost. Natural amp like overdrive sound. Touch sensitive, works great with your volume knob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ3iumBEvCE

The Fultone GT-500 is also highly rated - I kind of wish I got one of these. It's a distortion pedal and an OD in one pedal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MDK2Vh7TsA
Last edited by GoDrex at Oct 10, 2008,
Quote by GoDrex
there is no "best"

that said I like the Fultone OCD a lot. Works best with an 18v adapter IMO. Great clean boost and/or treble boost. Natural amp like overdrive sound. Touch sensitive, works great with your volume knob.

+1
Took the words right out of my mouth! OCD ftw!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Fulltone OCD is great,as are Tubescreamers, but I think the Boss SD1 is one of the best! Only got one recently, and instantly loved it. Might not be the right one for you, and it really depends on your amp. If you've a solid state or poor amp, a pedal won't solve anything...
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
i've had a lot of fun lately with a boss dyna drivehttp://boyband625.com/gear.php?id=31 .

one of their newer pedals that responds to your picking dynamics - i just like being able to mix gentle arpeggios with powerful strumming in a very natural sounding way. worth checking out
I've tried many. The barber burn unit (two channel) is a great overdrive. all the overdrives listed are good overdrives in their own way I guess. The tubescreamer is good if you can tolerate the midhump and there isn't that much overdrive on tap. the ocd is way overated imo. I think they are too fat and gainy.
im just gonna say the ts9 because its such a standard od
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
i doubt there is a best, it depends on what you want it for. out of what i've tried, i really liked the klon centaur. the lovepedal eternity and hoochiemama are meant to be great too, but i haven't been able to try them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i couldnt be happier with my vintage spec ts808.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
MI audio crunchbox is pretty dandy

OCD is supposed to be shit hot too
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by lefthandman9876
fulltone fulldrive
ehx english muffn
vox over the top boost
mxr custom audio electronics boots/overdrive

my fav's

all about £130 ($250)

OCD's and the H&K Tube Factor or something is great too.