I was looking at the tab for Motley Crue's Kickstart My Heart because I was taking a trip down memory Lane. Anyway, I have an Epi LP Standard and a cheap Ibanez GAX30BK, neither of which have a trem. Is there any way I can get the effect in teh beginning of the song without a trem or bending the neck and possibly damaging the guitar?

I know it would probably cost more to get a trem on the Ibanez than I paid for the guitar, but in that vein, would it be possible to get a trem on that guitar?

Edit: I answered my own question about putting a trem on the Ibanez. May just get a guitar with one on eventually. But still need ideas on the first part.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Last edited by Rio38 at Oct 10, 2008,
to install a tremolo bar on a guitar is really expensive, i have read somewhere about 150$...and when i bend the neck, i am a little afraid too so... but you can buy a pedal to do this effect no? not sure i havn't heard the song...

Hope i've given you some help cya
You can buy a Digitech Whammy for about 200 USD, it's a big red pedal. That should do it.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
I'm pretty sure you can with just a tad bit of practice. If you had a trem you would just prebend, or pull up on it. But without a trem try pushing behind the nut on the strings. It should raise the tone, by the way nice song choice! I hope this works out for you. If it doesn't try the intro to Dr. Feelgood, another classic intro
Thanks guys. I don't think it would be the best investment to get the Digitech or put a trem on it right now just for that song, so I will wait.

I appreciate it.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212