hey, im looking for a 30w amp, i play mostly rock/metal and my budget is £350, my guitar is a ESP Ltd KH602, can anyone recommened any amps
Laney VC30? LC30?

Bugera 6262 combo, or the head + cheap cab.
Might need a little bit more money, and 120w, so...
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
i dont really want a whole half stack or w/e you call them( im a newb to this amp stuff) as its only for my bedroom for practise and what not
Quote by Metallica785
i dont really want a whole half stack or w/e you call them( im a newb to this amp stuff) as its only for my bedroom for practise and what not

30w is too much for bedrooms IMO.

Go for 5W, 10 or 15W.
Such as epiphone valve junior or Laney VC15.

You will need some pedals for metal though.

And please, no one start ranting about watts =/= volume. I know someone would probably end up doing so, so don't.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
right ok so 15W should be fine

i have a crate FW15R, and i bought a few pedals, but they sound horrible for some reason, and ive been told to get a new amp so they can sounds better.
what do you mean by rock and metal? could you list some bands?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what do you mean by rock and metal? could you list some bands?

I'm guessing....

Metallica.

*points to username and avatar*
Cam Sampbell's my hero
sorry, bands such as metallica, pantera, iron maiden, joe satriani, rage against the machine and RHCP
^^ touche

^ ok... if it's only for bedroom practice, something like a roland cube 30 would be worth trying (or alternatively the microcube- just avoid the 15 and 20 as they don't have the amp models). a line 6 flextone might be worth trying too, and if you can wait a little while, those new peavey vypyrs (i haven't tried them yet). you could also try a peavey valveking, randall rg50tc, marshall dsl401, and maybe one of those new bugeras (i haven't been able to try the bugeras, i have no idea what they're like). You're mostly playing high gain stuff, i'm not certain a laney vc30, epiphone blues custom etc. is really what you want, you'd have to fork out for at least a couple of other pedals, and even then they might not do what you want (what pedals do you currently have, though?)...

basically, it's between cheap tube combos (which sound pretty average, but which aren't bad for the price), or a modeller (which will have more tones, but might not sound as "authentic" as the tube amps)... it's really a matter of trying as many as you can, at the volume level you'd be playing at in your bedroom, to see which you prefer...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a VOX AD30-VT. And I personally love it.

Give it a try.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
cool thanks a bunch, ill get a look into those amps

pedals i have at the moment are BOSS DS - 2, BOSS DD3, Dunlop GCB 95 CRYBABY WAH WAH and MXR EVH Phase 90

sorry but what are tube amps and modellers, sorry i know

thanks ill try out the VOX AD30-VT
Awesome thanks texico

so im not best to get a tube amp for bedroom

so how do you know if the amp is a modeller or a tube amp, or does it tell you
Last edited by Metallica785 at Oct 10, 2008,
Quote by Simsimius
30w is too much for bedrooms IMO.

Go for 5W, 10 or 15W.
Such as epiphone valve junior or Laney VC15.

Agreed.... I found too late I couldn't push my Behringer 30W beyond "2" on the Master Volume for practicing at home.

However, anything below 30W for practicing with bandmates is inadequate.

Well, maybe a 15W tube amp could be used, but at 15W and above, anything below a 10" speaker sounds not so good. The bass freqs start to sound iffy either clean or distorted.
Quote by Metallica785
Awesome thanks texico

so im not best to get a tube amp for bedroom

so how do you know if the amp is a modeller or a tube amp, or does it tell you

i wouldn't necessarily say it's as black and white as that, you'd need to try the tube combos i listed (the valveking, randall rg50tc, marshall dsl401) and the modellers (valvetronix, cube etc.) to see which you prefer at low volumes. plenty of people prefer tube amps even if they can't crank them (you just have to get one of the ones which sounds decent turned down, and which also doesn't need to be cranked to 10 to get as high gain as you need).

most tube amps have standby switches, so if it has a standby, you should be relatively certain it's all-tube. modellers, if they have a dial which has different amp models, that's a sure sign it's a modeller...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks again

sorry to be an idoit again but whats the difference between a tube and a combo tube

also ill look into those amp and go and try them out tomorrow at the shop
youre not going to get a decent tube metal amp less than 50w really

bugera or SS for that buget really

the flextones are pretty cool, as are the AD series.

just a note: avoid marshall MGs and line 6 spiders
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Warpo
Agreed.... I found too late I couldn't push my Behringer 30W beyond "2" on the Master Volume for practicing at home.

However, anything below 30W for practicing with bandmates is inadequate.

Well, maybe a 15W tube amp could be used, but at 15W and above, anything below a 10" speaker sounds not so good. The bass freqs start to sound iffy either clean or distorted.

generally for gigging or "jamming" 15 watt tube is the approximate minimum and theoretically you'd never need more than 50

and in terms of speaker size, it depends on what kind of tone you want. some people prefer the thinner tone that a 10 inch speaker provides
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
yeh i read some thing on here that Marshall MGs and line6 amps were to be avoided at all costs
Quote by Metallica785
thanks again

sorry to be an idoit again but whats the difference between a tube and a combo tube

also ill look into those amp and go and try them out tomorrow at the shop

a combo just means both the speaker and the amp in the one box.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?