Page 1 of 2
I used to do it.

Tips?

Erm... Depending on your bow, you need to aim a couple o' centimetres above, or beneath your target. Pull your elbow back straight, not up or down. And... well you'll see tomorrow.

Good luck.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
It's easier than you would think.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Light arrows work well against the undead. Combo attack with ice arrows followed by light arrows. Also note that if you have some bombs you can use them on one hand and your bow in the other to create a secret combo attack.

Hope I helped
Where's "GLAY"?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Always remember it's a sport and it is unneccessary to try and kill the other Archerers.
It is technically still legal to shoot a Scotsman in York, but only if you spot him within the town walls after dark on a Sunday, your weapon of choice is a bow-and-arrow, and you shoot from horseback! Similar laws once applied to Welshmen spotted in Chester, Hereford and Shrewsbury.
Pussy, use a Welsh longbow or nothing. Only the best in the world should do
Quote by saphrax
It is technically still legal to shoot a Scotsman in York, but only if you spot him within the town walls after dark on a Sunday, your weapon of choice is a bow-and-arrow, and you shoot from horseback! Similar laws once applied to Welshmen spotted in Chester, Hereford and Shrewsbury.

But you'll still get arrested.
And, IIRC, there's a few things which make it difficult, if not impossible, to get away with said action.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
you must be pretty frail if you can shoot a longbow, it's not that hard, harder than a compound bow (those things are for pussies, seriousy) but not that hard.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
compound bows are ones like what you put up a picture of, they have pullies to make firing it easier and to makeit more accurate, they are almost never used in competition since they are too easy to shoot accurately, in comptetion you generally use a normal recurve bow.

Last.fm
Quote by szekelymihai
never try with your left hand if you normlly use your right. and then, take a long sleeve sweater when you shoot

but when you try with your left it feels like someone else is doing it
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Make sure you use flaming arrows, less accurate but the kill-rate is much higher.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
^^^

Like this?

How much do they sell for?

yeah, they have a pretty wide price range, I've seen some begginer models for about $150 USD, no idea how good they are though.

Last.fm
Yeah the recurve is like an advanced sort of longbow. The ends are flared forward to give it more power and to help stabilize the bow upon release, so there isn't too much lateral wobble.

I loves archery. I have a recurve bow and a hunting compound.
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
The Pit is a reliable source of information
Quote by imdeth
My penis is tough. My penis is elite.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I like Luigi.

His cock is maximum.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

OPETH RULES.

Member of Åkerfeldtism

My last.fm
I used to do it (hence the name) and the only tip I can think of for you now is: make sure you stay completely consistent once you start hitting the target, then you should get a good grouping.
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
you must be pretty frail if you can shoot a longbow, it's not that hard, harder than a compound bow (those things are for pussies, seriousy) but not that hard.

I guess you are assuming that there is only one type of longbow and only one type of compound? I have shot recurve, longbow, and compound. If you are shooting a compound with a 75 lb draw weight it is certainly harder that shooting a longbow with a 40 lb draw weight.

That is like saying that people who shoot modern firearms we sissies whereas people who shoot muzzleloaders are awesome because they aren't as accurate and don't have nearly the range and you have to load them by hand.
I have 3 bows and a crossbow It's an awesome hobby.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
wear a sweater, or the arm you will be holding the bow with WILL hurt !

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Archery is quite enjoyable, but first timers...watch your left arm. Wear a guard. Trust me.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by ajricketts
I guess you are assuming that there is only one type of longbow and only one type of compound? I have shot recurve, longbow, and compound. If you are shooting a compound with a 75 lb draw weight it is certainly harder that shooting a longbow with a 40 lb draw weight.

That is like saying that people who shoot modern firearms we sissies whereas people who shoot muzzleloaders are awesome because they aren't as accurate and don't have nearly the range and you have to load them by hand.

This is true, but I've never seen a compound bow with that high of a draw weight, and they are still easier to shoot accurately just by design since they tend to have mechanical string releases and whatnot, that's why they are generally ooked down upon in competition. and it's as for your analogy, it's a whole lot more impressive to see someone who is an excellent long rifle marksman than to see someone who can hit a target with a .50 breech loading rifle from 500 yards.

Quote by noxiosimitator
wear a sweater, or the arm you will be holding the bow with WILL hurt !

bah, i can't imagine wearing a sweater outside this time of year and doing that kind of physical activity, just wear bracers, much more comfortable and they provide better protection.

Last.fm
Quote by zapatista89
but when you try with your left it feels like someone else is doing it

hahahahahaha
legend

on topic: Archery is frickin' cool
Quote by rabidguitarist
It's easier than you would think.

It's also not as cool/fun as you'd think. Seriously, I though 'omg archery rawks' then actually did it... I was sorely disappointed.
RULE BRITANNIA
Lol@Zelda jokes.

I have a compound bow sitting in my room that I never use.
60 lb. pull.

I should bring it out more.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
This is true, but I've never seen a compound bow with that high of a draw weight, and they are still easier to shoot accurately just by design since they tend to have mechanical string releases and whatnot, that's why they are generally ooked down upon in competition. and it's as for your analogy, it's a whole lot more impressive to see someone who is an excellent long rifle marksman than to see someone who can hit a target with a .50 breech loading rifle from 500 yards.

Yeah that is true but it is like comparing apples to oranges. I don't believe that there is any competition in which the two compete against eachother. I think it is either instinct shooting (Recurve, longbow) or non-instinct with the compound. You are correct though. The skill involved is greater for the for the instinct shooters or the ones using less advanced equipment. I was just trying to say that using one or the other doesn't make you any less of a person.

FYI: Just a side note. I have seen a guy shoot a compound with a 125lb draw weight because he was going to use it for bison hunting.
i do archery...
i bought a recurve KAP winstar II and stuff (case, arrows stuff like that) for £444.75 (pic somewhere on the picture thread)
yeah, on the arm you are holding the bow with, have a very slight bend so the string doesnt hit your arm, even tough you do get an impressive bruise/cut thing.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by ajricketts
Yeah that is true but it is like comparing apples to oranges. I don't believe that there is any competition in which the two compete against eachother. I think it is either instinct shooting (Recurve, longbow) or non-instinct with the compound. You are correct though. The skill involved is greater for the for the instinct shooters or the ones using less advanced equipment. I was just trying to say that using one or the other doesn't make you any less of a person.

FYI: Just a side note. I have seen a guy shoot a compound with a 125lb draw weight because he was going to use it for bison hunting.

Yeah I'm talking mainly about competitive archery, I've seen a few bows with super high draw weights for hunting since you may need it in that case,\. and yeah they usually don't compete against each other, but most archery events I've been to don't even include compound bow competitions, or if they do that sort of thing is aimed at kids or beginners.

Last.fm
I am taking up archery. I went to a place yesterday and looked around.

I'm thinking about getting a Matthews Mustang. I have a short draw length (25"). I am going to start out at 30 and then work up to 50 or 60lbs. Yeah, I'm weak and not used to the tiny little isolated muscles involved. Hehe. But the more I shoot, the more I'll get used to it, I guess.

So what's y'alls opinion on the Mustang as a bow?
Don't pinch the arrow when you string it, pull the string back.

You get more power and more accuracy.
hue
Page 1 of 2