well a guy locally is selling his fulltone fulldrive 2 on craigslist, and for the past couple months i've had my whammy for sale on craigslist. i figured this being a fulltone pedal, it should be great quality and a sweet sounding OD. i emailed him and asked if he'd be interested in a trade for my whammy pedal and he said that he definitely would.

so as far as getting it i'm pretty set i guess, but i want to know things about the pedal from anyone here who's used it first.

it doesn't have a bass knob which i love on the bad monkey, but it's nothing that pure sweet OD sound wouldn't make me forget about....so yea please give me your insight on this pedal. it looks sweet as hell and if it's a go, i'm adding it to my rig!!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
hey i saw that on youtube but didn't really watch it...i don't like endorsement videos....i'll watch it but leave my judgement to people who AREN'T trying to sell it, know what i mean? thanks bro
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Actually, other than trying it yourself, that is probably the best thing you can do. Those ProGuitarShop demos are very very good, and he does a good job of showing you all the different sounds you can get out of it.

You'll notice that you don't have to buy the pedal to listen to the demo... You want to know how it sounds? Listen to it. Or you can go search other videos of people using crappy camera mics and crappy playing if that's what you'd rather hear.
i'm jus saying i PREFER hearing people from UG tell me about it and vids that aren't endorsing the pedal...

didn't know i was going to intrude on anyone's feelings by having a preference really. like i said, i'll be sure to listen to watch the vids, but i don't want to make my final decision based on them. i like hearing from all the tone nazis here in GG&A tell me their personal opinions on the gear just so i know the cons at least.

thanks for the tips, but don't have hard feelings b/c of my preference. and have the insults to a minimum please (GoDrex)?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
the fulltone is quite nice, a great way to put it up to 11. If you like it, go for it!
I personall love my Ibanez Tubescreamer Turbo above alot of other overdrives, but I'm a weirdo like that!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
well the guy is in the same town here as my university so i'll prolly make a trip out to his place and try the pedal of course.

it looks like it does pretty much what i want w/ a lotta versability. i want to be able to use it as a clean boost for just slight grit, dirty OD for when i can't crank my tube, and tightening up mid to high gain sounds for extra sustain and OOMPH.

i'm sure it'll defeat my Bad Monkey in all areas so i don't know why i'm worried about changing....i love my bad monkey though
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
IMO, the Fulldrive 2 behaves more like a distortion pedal than an OD, but it is the best distortion pedal I've tried. I use an OCD with my rig, because I prefer the punch & clarity that go with that. I did a side by side test w/ the FD2 & my 1979 ProCo Rat (which is one of the best distortion pedals ever) using my 50W non-master volume Mojave Scorpion (so no added pre-amp gain from the amp to interfere like a master volume amp-wanted a true test). The results were very similar tone-wise, but the beauty of the FD2 is that you have much more fine adjustment & greater tonal range of adjustment available. The tonal sweep is huge. The only reason I didn't buy the FD2 was because I already had the Rat, & I couldn't justify the extra expense to gain more adjustment room (& the OCD had just come out at that time, so I decided on that instead). If you can trade for the FD2, I'd go for it!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
thanks riffhog i hadn't seen ya lately down here, at least in the threads i was looking at.

did you ever use the compcut setting and use it strictly as a clean boost? i'm curious to know how well that works. anything negative to say about the pedal, go for it. i talked to the guy on the phone and he said it doesn't get very 'brash' so i suppose he's implying that it doesn't get very gainy on it's own...but it's an OD and i assumed that already.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH