Hello hope I posted in the correct spot I am Looking for a travel guitar for my young son who is very serious about playing but he is very small stature 37” to be exact.

Last Christmas we bought a Mini V made by Gibson and it was a solid very heavy guitar but would not stay in tune. My husband has been playing guitar 27yrs since he was 12, he plays a Gibson Les Paul. He would tune it and start to play within minutes it literally would fall out of tune, so we took it back because I don’t want his ear for music messed up by playing toy guitars and crappy sound guitars.

It has been a year and I still haven't found anything that would for one fit him he plays without batteries a 26" overall body guitar to music videos he has all the finger positioning down, moves down he likes to stand not sit. H wakes up in the morning and pops in a 2hr music video and picks up his little guitar and jams to the music in his head. He watches every detail and puts his fingers to ever position to every son as if he is actually playing that song. He does this all day long and gets very upset if he has to stop LOL. If he can't do the guitar he plays drums we have a full set and he is pretty good at that as well but I know he is a guitar player first.

He reminds me daily when am I going to get him a guitar and gets mad he can't just have a big one.

I didn’t want to get a First Act child's guitar either as I believe their little ones are 31” and still heavy. So I found Travelerguitar.com last night and they have a speedster traveler, and an Escape EG1 traveler that would be perfect very light weight max I think weighs 5 lbs some almost 3 lbs. And they are under 30” so perfect for his stature.

Problem is they are pretty pricey so I am hoping to find one used.

I then found Hofner traveler but can’t find much info on it or how it sounds, then I found one by Ktone on ebay then read the reviews here and people seem to be pleased with it.

These are the other traveler guitars I came across and know nothing about them.

- Fernandes Nomad electric traveler
- Galveston electric traveler, but read these were not that great for sound
- Deluxe Travel Electric but don’t know who the maker is.
- Foam Core electric Guitar

I just want to get one that will stay tuned and has the best sound and ease of play

if you know of any others please share thanks
Last edited by rprimeau95 at Oct 10, 2008,
O my bad, i thought you were looking for a travel guitar to take around the place, umm in that case idk what to get him, i think i 3/4 size acoustic might be good.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Last edited by I am wet at Oct 10, 2008,
let him try your husbands les paul and see how he does

if its just a bit too big look into fender jaguars they have smaller necks

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by I am wet
O my bad, i thought you were looking for a travel guitar to take around the place, umm in that case idk what to get him, i think i 3/4 size acoustic might be good.

He won't go for an acoustic must be electric thanks
Quote by timzee117
let him try your husbands les paul and see how he does

if its just a bit too big look into fender jaguars they have smaller necks

we have but problem is he likes to stand and move around when he is playing like I said he watches the videos and that is pretty much what he sees them standing while playing so no convincing him to sit. The point of the traveler is not for him to travel per say but size issue.

Here youtube

We were at an outdoor mall a few weeks back and they had a live band he was frozen in his tracks doing this the entire time the band came up to him after and said he was awesome they let him play their guitar on stage LOL look at the size of the guitar to him he is 4yrs old

the body on this guitar is almost the size of him

Short videos at youtube
Sterling playing Air guitar Part 1

Sterling playing Air guitar Pt2

and this is what I mean he will not sit still

Him at age 3 on his Birthday

jammin a bit more at 3