I was wondering if there are any other straps or anything I can do to reduce my shoulder pain when I play. I broke my collarbone a few years back and it didn't heal properly so I have a bit of my collarbone sticking out and the strap puts all the guitars weight on it. I play a Epiphone Les Paul which is pretty heavy. I was wondering whether I should get a lighter guitar or if there are any straps that I can use that'll be a little less harsh on my shoulder. Thanks!
a thicker strap will help.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
There are some harness-type straps out there, like the Planet Waves Dare strap or the Slider strap, made specifically for folks in your situation. They go over both shoulders, distributing the weight more equally.
I really like my fender neoprene strap, its wide, stretchy, and has plenty of squish to it so you can wear it for a while without discomfort.

Sorry about your situation man, that cant be fun.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Get a thick, wide leather strap. Wideness will spread the weight of the guitar out more on the strap.
they also have strap pads for about $10. you can add it to any strap to make it easier to hold.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-DUN-STRPAD
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i think dimarzio do a stretchy elastic strap, might be worth a look
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-Elastic-Guitar-Strap?sku=364672

it looks pretty cool. i havent tried it, maybe i'll buy one to see.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

imma try and find one over here, my jazz cripples me after 3 hours =/
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
my lp bothers me after 5 mins.

let me know, i'm always looking for a better strap.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

look for the levi wide ones - the thickest ones are the width of the average joes neck to shoulder edge!
I use the DiMarzio elastic strap - and let me tell you it makes my LP feel like a feather.

Although keep in mind it's a basswood body, after an hour of straight playing it'd normally feel like a lead weight, now I don't even notice it's on me.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??