so, ive had this piece of shit crate amp forever, and its finally kerplunked. ive looked around and im leaning towards a Mesa road ready 4x12 and the Mesa M6 carbine head. anyone own this/opinions?
Ampeg SVT Classic with Ampeg 8x10 cabinet ****ing pounds! But, you gotta have a good $2500 to throw down for it.
I believe someone really recently was looking at a Mesa setup. Search for it in the bass forum.

But I'll tell you this that I've learned. Road ready cabinets are heavy as hell apparently. Unless you would need a road case, I probably wouldn't get one.
Quote by lmgoodwi
Ampeg SVT Classic with Ampeg 8x10 cabinet ****ing pounds! But, you gotta have a good $2500 to throw down for it.

I tried the ampeg 8x10 and i was let down by it. was really surprising, seems like its pretty standard, like everyone uses it including some huge bands with amazing tone. but, idk, it just didnt do anything for me.
well, in my opinion you need the right bass to make Ampeg work. Stingray through Ampeg is pretty nice. active jazz? not as much.

Mesa is better in my opinion, go with that for sure. also see some Trace Eliot and Carvin and everything you can find.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom