Essentially i want to make something of all my old Pokemon cards. Currently my idea is a sort of mosaic of the energy cards as they have nice colours and I have hundreds of them.

I NEED IDEAS FOR A DESIGN!

The cards are about 2:3 in size (ratio of top to side length) and i am thinking of glueing them on an unfolded cardboard box as a sort of canvas, so overall size isn't much of an issue.

In terms of colours I have:
LOTS of red (fire type)
LOTS of yellow (electrical type)
LOTS of orangey-brown (fighting/rock type
Limited light blue (water type)
Limited purple (psychic type)
2 green (plant type)
2 grey (normal type)

and essentially unlimited dark blue with pokeball and logos as I can flip over any card and use the back as a colour.

So yeah, any suggestions on what to make?

And as much as I love "PENIS!1!!! LULZ!" suggestions, actual suggestions will also be appreciated.

EDIT:

This is all the cards I have available (not as many as i originally thought) so if ye want ye can arrange them and make a picature, and who knows I MAY MAKE IT AND PUT IT UP IN MY ROOM!

Move the cards about using paint (or copy and paste the pic of the back of the card as i have as much as i need of them). Ye can add detail in black id ye want as i can do that with spray paint and stencils! HAVE FUN!
Last edited by MadClownDisease at Oct 10, 2008,
Decopage!

Put it in a modern art auction and

5. Profit
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
I think you should give them to me.

Or make a pokemon out of pokemon cards.
ಠ_ಠ
This makes me think of the new norwegian postal service logo:

It's a conspiracy.
Quote by Metal claw
Why don't you make pixel art?

I'm not quite sure what ye mean by that, but I am essentially using the cards as pixels if that's what you mean. Just rectangular card ones. I need a picture I could make from these particular "pixels".
Make a Digimon.

Just to fuck with people.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Since I have a younger cousin that played it, and I wanted to ween him onto Magic, I know exactly what you're talking about.

Anyway, if you're planning on something with energy cards, I'd say first cut off or obscure the top part of the card that says "ENERGY" nice and bold. Alternatively, cut the energy symbol out of the card, so you just have a quarter sized piece, and arrange as many as you like on the poster.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
a giant pikachu or pokeball? or a digimon to **** with peoples heads
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Use the red to make a heart background then as previously said do something Digimon in it.. that would be lulzy
Quote by The Leader
Since I have a younger cousin that played it, and I wanted to ween him onto Magic, I know exactly what you're talking about.

Anyway, if you're planning on something with energy cards, I'd say first cut off or obscure the top part of the card that says "ENERGY" nice and bold. Alternatively, cut the energy symbol out of the card, so you just have a quarter sized piece, and arrange as many as you like on the poster.

Hmm i didn't think about cutting them up...
Though i would preferably not, as that way i can arrange and visualise the design before permanently damaging the cards. We'll see though.

Quote by jmonko
I think you should give them to me.

Or make a pokemon out of pokemon cards.

I don't know why i didn't think of making a Pokemon immediately, that would probs work...
It would need to be a Pokemon only featuring those colours i listed though (or colours that could be replaced with those without looking odd). I could plausably do some spraying using stencils for detail in black though.
Quote by Metal claw
I don't have any suggestions on what to draw. But just wanted to point out that if you have a ton of cards, you can just overlap two cards together to make a square

Much easier to work with than rectangles, especially if you are copying sprites.

Ah cheers, that could help if i find a nice pic. Know any sites where i might find a gallery of the actual low res sprites used in the games?

Quote by Shadowenspirit
Use the red to make a heart background then as previously said do something Digimon in it.. that would be lulzy

Ah as flamboyantly gay and girly as that may be, it would be lovely sticking whatever pokemon I make in a big heart! Good idea!
Quote by MadClownDisease
Hmm i didn't think about cutting them up...
Though i would preferably not, as that way i can arrange and visualise the design before permanently damaging the cards. We'll see though.

I don't know why i didn't think of making a Pokemon immediately, that would probs work...
It would need to be a Pokemon only featuring those colours i listed though (or colours that could be replaced with those without looking odd). I could plausably do some spraying using stencils for detail in black though.

that?
or this
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by MadClownDisease
Ah cheers, that could help if i find a nice pic. Know any sites where i might find a gallery of the actual low res sprites used in the games?

Ah as flamboyantly gay and girly as that may be, it would be lovely sticking whatever pokemon I make in a big heart! Good idea!

low res sprites
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Charmeleon_(Pok%C3%A9mon)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Moltres_(Pok%C3%A9mon)
go like 3/4 of the way down the page and youll see em
ಠ_ಠ
you have red, yellow, and "orange". so you should do a massive charizard...and use the stencil work for the details.
"Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true, and beautiful"
Quote by jmonko

Ah cheers I thought those links were broken for a mo but it's just the url ends without the bracket

Thankee that site should be useful, though i think I may have to go for Pikachu over them as he is the classic and if in a red heart, a red pokemon won't work.

Keep the suggestions/help coming though!
dude if you have a big wall to work with, put one in the bottom left corner facing away (like "your' pokemon in the game" and one in the top right facing you...epic battle!
Shoooooooooooop da whooooooooooop
Quote by MadClownDisease
Ah cheers I thought those links were broken for a mo but it's just the url ends without the bracket

Thankee that site should be useful, though i think I may have to go for Pikachu over them as he is the classic and if in a red heart, a red pokemon won't work.

Keep the suggestions/help coming though!

mhmm...you shouldnt do pikachu

how about zapdos

ohh
jolteon would be badass
ಠ_ಠ
Zapdos is pretty awesome.

Anyway, to help me if ye want (and also just cos it's fun) I made this:

This is all the cards I have available (not as many as i originally thought) so if ye want ye can arrange them and make a picature, and who knows I MAY MAKE IT AND PUT IT UP IN MY ROOM!

Move the cards about using paint (or copy and paste the pic of the back of the card as i have as much as i need of them). Ye can add detail in black id ye want as i can do that with spray paint and stencils! HAVE FUN!

I'll edit it into the first post too.
You could maybe attempt Squirtle or any of it's evolutions with the blues and the browns?
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
It may be too complex but it would be cool to see Pikachu and Squirtle high fiving. (tattoo I wanna have)

I have too many energy cards. I might try something too
Quote by Animorphy
Those psychic energy cards make the eyes look creepy

haha ahhh that is f**king awesome!

Quote by imdeth
It may be too complex but it would be cool to see Pikachu and Squirtle high fiving. (tattoo I wanna have)

I have too many energy cards. I might try something too

ahhh damn it i really do have far fewer cards than i thought, even one pokemon is proving to be too hard... You should definitely go for it or give it a try though if ye have enough, I am really disappointed i don't have enough cards for anything awesome
Film yourself making all 150 original pokemon in a sped up animation type thing.
Quote by psyks
Film yourself making all 150 original pokemon in a sped up animation type thing.

That is the best idea ever! Would take a lot of time but well worth it!

Also y'all gonna keep giving ideas?
Last edited by imdeth at Oct 10, 2008,
These are all pretty awesome suggestions though really beyond my resources/abilities, however keep them coming of course!

Well here is my variation on that Diglett
Quote by MadClownDisease
ahhh damn it i really do have far fewer cards than i thought, even one pokemon is proving to be too hard... You should definitely go for it or give it a try though if ye have enough, I am really disappointed i don't have enough cards for anything awesome

You could eBay for lots of the common old ones for the backs, and energy cards might nit be too expensive. Eh.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
You could eBay for lots of the common old ones for the backs, and energy cards might nit be too expensive. Eh.

she's right..I bet you can get all the cards you want, and it wont even cost you that much..

..how about using an unlimited number of the cards you posted, just for the sake of the thread?
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Quote by tincho729
she's right..I bet you can get all the cards you want, and it wont even cost you that much..

..how about using an unlimited number of the cards you posted, just for the sake of the thread?

Oh aye go for it let your imagination go wild if you want!
Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebel should work.
Quote by SteveHouse
Hmm thanks for those links etc they will be useful for future projects, however at the moment i think I will indeed be going for that lovely Diglett.

here's what it would look like (though not stuck to anything yet so i have options to change if there are any better ideas!)