does anybody else think it'd be easier if instead of wasting 13 years of shit you don't like(subtract a few years for reading and writing and math) you waste 4 or 5 years doing the essentials and then go to college for however long. I mean seriously when are you ever gonna need to know about your countrys history, or learn other country's languages if your never gonna go there. Anybody else agree, disagree?
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
So far, everything I've been taught in school is useful in college. It's called general knowledge.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by soundgarden19
does anybody else think it'd be easier if instead of wasting 13 years of shit you don't like(subtract a few years for reading and writing and math) you waste 4 or 5 years doing the essentials and then go to college for however long. I mean seriously when are you ever gonna need to know about your countrys history, or learn other country's languages if your never gonna go there. Anybody else agree, disagree?

you'll need that knowledge for...

Who wants to be a millionare!
if you have a lot of common knowledge, you can impress the ladies
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Learning helps promote good habits for life.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Why do you think you have 13 years of school before college for?

It's called preparation buddy. If you were in school for 4 years learning the basics and you got to go to college, you'd be f***ed. You're just being ignorant.
Quote by rickyy
Learning helps promote good habits for life.

Learning all you can about a job you like, might help get you a good job that you like, so you won't end up at a cubicle for fourty years, get a family get old and retire, and the look back and wish you could've gotten a job you liked instead of dying unhappy.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

Quote by metaldud536
I think Europeans know more about Americans than Americans themselves. Kinda sad really. Which is why you need to stay in school to beat them!

i second that - god bless america...

... and no place else lol
Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Kustom KGA 16R
Quote by metaldud536
I think Europeans know more about Americans than Americans themselves. Kinda sad really. Which is why you need to stay in school to beat them!

I dunno, man. Seems to me like they think we're ALL fat and stupid.
how old are you?
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
Quote by madbasslover
I dunno, man. Seems to me like they think we're ALL fat and stupid.

u mean your not????

i'm goin on an american exchange on wednesday so I shall soon see.... lol
Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Kustom KGA 16R
Instead of 13 years do 4?

So when do you start the 4 years?

Start at age 5/6 and you're not gonna be able to do any of it.
Start at age 12/13 and you're not gonna be able to even communicate with the others in the class, you'll be so retarded.

You do 13 years of school because 13 years fits with the rate of human development.
no having longer school is better so you have time to see what career you are going to be in instead of doing 10 years of college and then relaisze you no longer wanter to be that astronaut as you did when you were 8
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Last edited by alternitivebass at Oct 10, 2008,
Mate, I won't deny that you do learn a lot of stuff that you will never use in school, but, for one thing, you definitely need to know not only your country's history but world history.
How could you go through life without knowing about the holocaust?
You'd just be a complete ignorant fart. You wouldn't understand things going on in the world around you and you certainly wouldn't get accepted to college or uni.

Trust me, you'll appreciate it later.
I'm just saying thirteen years of seven hours (minus an hour for five years of recess, and another 45 min for gym)a day for guys who aren't going to college seems pointless, and for people who are going to college it's a bit much you could just learn to read well, write well, use common math, advanced math, and test taking for 7 to 8 years instead of 13.

Quote by denizenz

Quote by ljpfahey
Mate, I won't deny that you do learn a lot of stuff that you will never use in school, but, for one thing, you definitely need to know not only your country's history but world history.
How could you go through life without knowing about the holocaust?
You'd just be a complete ignorant fart. You wouldn't understand things going on in the world around you and you certainly wouldn't get accepted to college or uni.

Trust me, you'll appreciate it later.

Well you have a point.

Quote by denizenz

Quote by emhaslam
u mean your not????

i'm goin on an american exchange on wednesday so I shall soon see.... lol

*you're

Anyways, the US has an assload of fat people. Unless you're in the middle of nowhere, you could probably look in every direction and see a fat person. The average person, though, is at or around the normal weight for his/her height.

We do have a lot of stupid people here, but so does every other place in the world. I think we just take more heat for it because our posterboy for 8 years was a complete moron. I mean, imagine if a chav became the Prime Minister of England. Suddenly England would be the dumbest country in the world, right?

Anyways, I hope you have a good time here. It really depends on where you go. The country is so big that the different regions have their own cultures and attitudes, really.
Lol did you ever learn a different language in high school?
I'd be awesome if you could.

Although.. I hear rosetta stone is pretty sick

But the core classes are necessary to go on to college
It's just common knowledge, so you don't turn into a common dumbass

Quote by LesZao
Lol did you ever learn a different language in high school?
I'd be awesome if you could.

Although.. I hear rosetta stone is pretty sick

But the core classes are necessary to go on to college
It's just common knowledge, so you don't turn into a common dumbass

You can't turn into a dumbass. Stupidity is born, not made.

What you're thinking of is ignorance. Ignorance doesn't equal stupidity. It's just a lack of education.
French Spainish or German. I'm learning French because I have the chance to go to France to visit family, and every year it's the same you learn the same three sentences and then you get to enjoy it again next year.

Quote by denizenz