Heres a question - What difference does really hi end hardware like pick ups, bridges and tuners make to an electric guitar. The way I see it we can purchase top quality pick ups for $150, tuners for $80 and I dont know how much a bridge would cost ($80 -100?) and the total iin around $300 add them to a $150 squier strat or ibanez or epi lp and u have a really hi end guitar for $450.

I know ppl say the wood quality is very importan to the sound and stuff like dat but in an electric guitar dont the pick ups and amp make d biggest difference?

wat does everyone think
You're totally right, and yeah, pickups and amp make the biggest difference in sound.

If you don't mind doing it, then do it.
My Sig Is Coming Soon
I did that to all my guitars, basically you just have to like the way the guitar sounds. Because lots of cheap guitars have horrible necks, or the wood is just awfull, you really have to like the guitar to want to upgrade.

But I personally love all my guitars that I upgraded so I would say go for it.
uuu sure guy think wat you think i like to think what i think which isn't very much on this topic

lolzers

"An Augmented Fourth, Or Diminished Fifth, Depending On Your Outlook On Life"

You can get decent wood on low end guitars to (Squier Affinity Strats, Ibanez RG321 with the mahogany body, and Epiphone LP standard plus top). But the short answer is yes, depending on the guitar.
Quote by Pg.inc_music
I did that to all my guitars, basically you just have to like the way the guitar sounds. Because lots of cheap guitars have horrible necks, or the wood is just awfull, you really have to like the guitar to want to upgrade.

But I personally love all my guitars that I upgraded so I would say go for it.

The Squier Hello Kitty strat has an AWESOME neck Stick an EMG in it and it'd be a metal machine, but hell, even the stock pickup in it isn't that bad!
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I'd love to see a hardcore metal band pull out the hello kitty guitar for a song.
I upgraded the pickups and tuners on a £130 guitar and to this day love it. I ended up spending circa £300 on hardware and the tone is much nicer in my opinion than that of my strat. not quite as good as the SG tho

so in other words, yeah, hardware can make a HUGE difference if you do a little research, buy the right combo of pickups and set it all up accurately.
Gibson SG VooDoo/Fender Satin Strat/Squire showmaster heavily customized
Fender Deluxe112 amp/Line6 POD2/Crybaby classic

10 years and counting
I customized a $250 LTD EC100QM with Seymour Duncan pickups (JB & Jazz) and Grover tuners. It sounds better now and it stays in tune alot longer. The downside is it's hard to get your money back out them if you decide to sell them. So if you do any upgrades make sure you want to keep the guitar or keep the original parts so you can put them back on it if you decide to sell it. Like you said a good amp helps your sound more than pickups will, but good pickups always help a guitar sound better than it did before.
It will work, absolutely!

Just make sure that you like the neck, design, etc, because if you don't, then I would think about a completely new guitar.

But if you like the guitar, then you should just upgrade it.
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
best guitar to do it too is an ibanez with and edge 3
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
yes, but the guitar itself will still be low end- as in playability and wood quality will still be bad. sure, your tone, sustain, tuning stability, and feel will improve, but it will not be as good as a good guitar with all thsoe things. you really gotta like your low end guitar to take up an expensive project like that. otherwise it's a waste of money.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack