Hey guys, I'm looking for a good guitar that sounds good with distortion and has a wammy bar so i can make all the wild noises Matt Bellamy has. My price range is about £350 (US$700) roughly. Just wondered if you guys had any suggestions. My current setup is a Vintage V100, Marshall MG30DFX and a Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal.
Quote by Mr Deftino
Hey guys, I'm looking for a good guitar that sounds good with distortion and has a wammy bar so i can make all the wild noises Matt Bellamy has. My price range is about £350 (US$700) roughly. Just wondered if you guys had any suggestions. My current setup is a Vintage V100, Marshall MG30DFX and a Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal.

Your guitars fine Just sell your MG on eBay.
Then buy a new amp and this here...
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolos/Les_Trem_Stop-Tailpiece_Tremolos.html
Maybe a new amp is in order, just to say that the MG isn't that good, to be truthful.

I'd maybe get a new amp of some sort.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Heres the amp i suggest.
The extra money will get you the tremelo.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-60Watt-1x12-Tube-Combo?sku=480046
Thanks for ur help so far guys I will have sex with every one of you haha. I was gonna get an Ibanez but i didnt know which model and you my friend have solved it TJ1991 =D. I'll try and buy one of them then get a new amp.
Quote by TJ1991
The guitarist in my band (which is a Muse tribute band) uses a Gibson SG and gets the sound pretty much spot on. But then, that's out of your price range and doesn't have a whammy, but he does also use one of these, which is pretty good: http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/15406

DO NOT buy the 170DX if you plan on using the whaamy, the thing goes completely out of tune in a single dive bomb.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Quote by Mr Deftino
Thanks for ur help so far guys I will have sex with every one of you haha. I was gonna get an Ibanez but i didnt know which model and you my friend have solved it TJ1991 =D. I'll try and buy one of them then get a new amp.

Listen to me and lil' macker im serious.
A new amp will be much MUCH more important torwards you then a new guitar.
Why spend that much money getting another guitar that is subpar to your current when you can simply put a trem on your Gibson lespaul?
Plus if you get the trem for your LP and the amp i suggested you wont have to buy them seperate times, you can get them at the same time.

The Edge III on that particular ibanez is pretty damn bad.
This is all coming from the biggest Ibanez fanboy ever.

EDIT:
Quote by lokster
DO NOT buy the 170DX if you plan on using the whaamy, the thing goes completely out of tune in a single dive bomb.

Adsactly my point.
Edge IIIs have bad reputation for losing tune, breaking, ect.
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Oct 10, 2008,
Quote by lokster

From experience, does not happen.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Quote by TJ1991

From experience.
The Edge III is inferior to almost every floating trem ibanez has made.
Exept say... the ProRock'r and the Edge2
Quote by TJ1991

I have it right next to me, probably the worst Ibanez you can get as a beginner, other then as a joke its a waste of money.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Quote by lokster
I have it right next to me, probably the worst Ibanez you can get as a beginner, other then as a joke its a waste of money.

Fair enough, I was only speaking from a personal point of view. The guitarist in my band's never complained about it anyway, and I've never heard it go significantly out of tune after a dive.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
If you must get a new guitar, £320-ish will get you an Ibanez S470. i use mine to play Muse all the time - it has great stock pickups, a superb double-locking trem and many other great features. Check it out:
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-s-470/10988
I don't think you could go wrong with one of these. Some of the best super-strats for the price tag.

But I must agree with the others - your priority should be to replace the MG ASAP. Maybe look at a Vox Valvetronix or a small tube amp before the guitar.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Quote by quantum leap
If you must get a new guitar, £320-ish will get you an Ibanez S470. i use mine to play Muse all the time - it has great stock pickups, a superb double-locking trem and many other great features. Check it out:
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-s-470/10988
I don't think you could go wrong with one of these. Some of the best super-strats for the price tag.

But I must agree with the others - your priority should be to replace the MG ASAP. Maybe look at a Vox Valvetronix or a small tube amp before the guitar.

Good job quantum leap!
Your avatar will hypnotize him into buying a decent amplifier!