Hey Dudes, I have to audition for the music performance course I want to do at collage, but I can't think of anything to play.

I was wondering if you lot had any suggestions,

I play metal, and I can play advance stuff, but I would prefer something that is not amazingly easy but not amazingly difficult because I think they are looking for neatness not how many notes I can play. Preferably I want the song to be in D or Dropped C.

I like bands like, Machine Head, Trivium, Iron Maiden, Pantera etc...

Thanks.
Quote by sashki
judging by these 'ranks', I guess you were looking at Gibson guitars.

In that case, it goes (worst --> best)
special --> studio --> standard --> custom

When Gibson calls something "special", it's special in the way a retarded kid is.
smoke on the water, gets all the ladies and the judges will drool over it
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Black Rose Immortal by Opeth.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Transylvania by Maiden. Insutrmental, good solos, good riffs but not overly difficult.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Gunshot to the head would make me happy

But I think playing one song isn't that ... impressive. I mean yay, you can play the song. But taking riffs from multiple songs, and combining them to this awesome... thing is, to me, much better. For example, the first track of Ozzy's LIVE AND LOUD where he combined all of his songs in this great manner was awesome.

You should try to do something like that. That would be much more impressive to judges then the simple fact that you can read a tab and output what it says...
Quote by cheeseman3001
smoke on the water, gets all the ladies and the judges will drool over it

TS said he wanted something "not amazingly easy"

Honor thy father by dream theater is pretty easy on the harder stuff.
hue
OMGDRAGONFORCEOMG.

seriously.erm...necrophagist?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
hallowed be thy name
QUOTE=HappyDrugs]Spectator mode.

Quote by Daneeka
Oh God, this is the fastest win i have ever seen.

I think the mods can't bare with your epicness and banned you.

Let's blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
Black Star - Yngwie Malmsteen

Not too hard.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by sock_demon

Honor thy father by dream theater is pretty easy on the harder stuff.

Yeah I was going to suggest this.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by sock_demon

my apologies
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by gibo6666
Hey Dudes, I have to audition for the music performance course I want to do at collage, but I can't think of anything to play.

It's spelt College. Fucking COLLEGE.

If you can't spell it, you're too stupid to go there. I'm sick of people being morons.

On topic-

I played Mute City.
Try Right Side of the Bed by Atreyu. The intro has a cool sweep riff, the riffs in the song arent too hard, and the solo sounds pretty cool. Or, for something slightly more challenging, try Backwards Pumpkin Song by Dance Gavin Dance. Cool riffs all thru it, and its a verrrry cool song i think.
Quote by Tom_hatton

If you can't spell it, you're too stupid to go there. I'm sick of people being morons.

On topic-

I played Mute City.

Mute city? That's badass! If I could, I woulda played Big Blue though.
Dii! Diinu! Dii! Diinu! Doo dee doo dee doo!!!
Quote by Tom_hatton

On topic-

I played Mute City.

Give this man a motherf*cking cookie
Quote by metaldud536
Mute city? That's badass! If I could, I woulda played Big Blue though.
Dii! Diinu! Dii! Diinu! Doo dee doo dee doo!!!

There's a guy on Youtube somewhere who does video game covers, he's so awesome. Video game music ftw!

That may be why I love Dragonforce
Wait, your gonna play metal for a College audition? 0.o good luck mate. At the very least play a classical/jazz piece to show you have diversity or they'll laugh you out the door. Unless their asking for it. Which would be awesome.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Quote by ZeBubba!
Wait, your gonna play metal for a College audition? 0.o good luck mate. At the very least play a classical/jazz piece to show you have diversity or they'll laugh you out the door. Unless their asking for it. Which would be awesome.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Im sure they know many kids out there can play metal, but can you cut it with the top jazzers in the land. Being able to improv over a "rhythm changes" standard with all the right theory knowledge is a lot more impressive than playing a metal song.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Honestly the more I think about it. The more you really shouldnt play a metal song. Every guitarist since 1982 has prolly tried that. Not to mention if you know your theory you could just make your own song. Use some exotic scales and all that. I dunno, thats my two cents. Rip some metal out on your own time. I dont think they'll respect you if you can only "shred"
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
that guitar hero song what is by steve ouimitte or something...
Quote by ZeBubba!

Wrong, they can't do that just because you are playing metal. I heard the profs. at Berkelee don't accept a lot of people that play jazz because they want to try and impress them with it.

Play whatever you want. I think you should play Clenching the Fists of Dissent.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Thanks for the help everyone, lots of things to pick from

I suppose I should say sorry for spelling college wrong because it must be one of the biggest crimes ever, so sorry...

Yeah the guys said play whatever you want, so I thought seeing as metal is the most comfortable for me, that is what I would do.

I do like other types of music though, such as blues, rock, etc... it's just I find metal to be more my style.
Quote by sashki
judging by these 'ranks', I guess you were looking at Gibson guitars.

In that case, it goes (worst --> best)
special --> studio --> standard --> custom

When Gibson calls something "special", it's special in the way a retarded kid is.
Quote by ZeBubba!
Honestly the more I think about it. The more you really shouldnt play a metal song. Every guitarist since 1982 has prolly tried that. Not to mention if you know your theory you could just make your own song. Use some exotic scales and all that. I dunno, thats my two cents. Rip some metal out on your own time. I dont think they'll respect you if you can only "shred"

You clearly don't know what your talking about. Music colleges are the most diverse places of all - you play the music that suits you, but have to be willing to play other types of music during the course.

I'm on a music course at the moment, for my audition i played metal. They we're fine with it.
Quote by chrisb12416
You clearly don't know what your talking about. Music colleges are the most diverse places of all - you play the music that suits you, but have to be willing to play other types of music during the course.

I'm on a music course at the moment, for my audition i played metal. They we're fine with it.

And EVERY college has the same standards and are that diverse and accepting aren't they?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Tera Melos - 40 rods to the hog's head. I think thats a bit to long and advanced but if you did that would rock.