Hi, I juest started out playing guitar, but for the past week, I've been playing A LOT, I mean like around 5 hours a day, my fingers hurt for like 2 days, and then they stopped but now I have almost zero sensitivity in my fretting hand's fingertips. Is this normal? Will it go away with time? They don't hurt or anything, I tried closing my eyes and lightly touching stuff, and I couldn't tell when my finger made contact with the object. This does magic for those tough chords as I'm nailing them no problem, but what about my feeling perceptions? Thanks.
when i started i played til my fingers bled a little bit. it sucked but now i have crazy calluses. it's worth it
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
you see, when you irritate your skin repeatedly, it adds layers and layers of tough skin to protect itself from future threats. It's a good thing, not a bad thing. You should soon be able to hold hot cups of tea with no problem.
Yeah, you get used to it. It's good that you got them this early, it'll save you a lot of trouble.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Some people get cancer from the strings, but most of us are immune.
That's one the symptoms, I would be worried.
i don't know if it's normal
but 5 hours isn't that much I think
more then 8 is enought i think
but well , don't stop if you can play
stop when you WON'T be able to play
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
It'll go away.
Happened to me as well.
GEAR

Epiphone SG Special
Tanglewood Evolution TSJBK-B Electro-Acoustic
Copeland A-Style Mandolin
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Some people get cancer from the strings, but most of us are immune.
That's one the symptoms, I would be worried.

This is bullshit.

You have developed callouses.
You have been constantly putting pressure on the strings, so they have developed a thick layer of skin. Just feel the difference of your right and left hand when you touch things. It's nothing to worry about, it's actually a good thing. Playing wont hurt anymore, and that's a very good thing.
Quote by wokketywok
This is bullshit.

..o rly?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ

Did anyone else panic when they got they're calluses?
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by bender424
i don't know if it's normal
but 5 hours isn't that much I think
more then 8 is enought i think
but well , don't stop if you can play
stop when you WON'T be able to play

What? I practise 1 hour a day (when I'm able)...

I phail

Quote by Jack Off Jill
"Son, always carry a medical glove in your pocket in case you wind up in a bathroom that has no toilet paper, and you get constipated."
holy christ!

go see a doctor! NAO!!

you are showing early signs of iamtehn00bzors, if you dont get this treated quickly you could die from horrible symptoms such as WHIPLASH!, AIDS, DIABEETUS, AND DIARRHEA FOREVER!

or it might just be calluses cuz youre getting one step closer to being teh br00talz shreddor
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Quick! Get some strange!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Sorry. You have histerical pregnancy.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
"Son, always carry a medical glove in your pocket in case you wind up in a bathroom that has no toilet paper, and you get constipated."
Quote by gun4hire
holy christ!

go see a doctor! NAO!!

you are showing early signs of iamtehn00bzors, if you dont get this treated quickly you could die from horrible symptoms such as WHIPLASH!, AIDS, DIABEETUS, AND DIARRHEA FOREVER!

I'm surprised to see someone who has been here less than a month taking the piss out of noobs.

Anyway, its just calluses you'll be fine
TO = used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from

TWO = the number 2

TOO = in addition; also; furthermore; to an excessive extent or degree
Quote by gun4hire
holy christ!

go see a doctor! NAO!!

or it might just be calluses cuz youre getting one step closer to being teh br00talz shreddor

ur the "n00bzors" in this thread.

Anyway, a little off topic, but since this thread deals with fingers... what is the finger fairy? I read an interview with Roope Latvala and he said he's been having visits from the finger fairy.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Thanks, I mean I did know that they were calouses, they just don't feel like onces. I do weightlifting, and I know what callouses are, but those ones don't feel like they've been injected with anesthetic. Anyways, thanks, I'll get back to playing
Quote by adaeha
You don't get calluses when you play bass...

yes you do...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by wokketywok
This is bullshit.

You have developed callouses.
You have been constantly putting pressure on the strings, so they have developed a thick layer of skin. Just feel the difference of your right and left hand when you touch things. It's nothing to worry about, it's actually a good thing. Playing wont hurt anymore, and that's a very good thing.

thank god you came in here to sort that one out. I REALLY thought he had developed cancer from playing guitar.
Quote by \m/ Björn \m/
What? I practise 1 hour a day (when I'm able)...

I phail

play more =)
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Quote by dwnbowden
I'm surprised to see someone who has been here less than a month taking the piss out of noobs.

Anyway, its just calluses you'll be fine

Quote by Megadeth2011
ur the "n00bzors" in this thread.

Anyway, a little off topic, but since this thread deals with fingers... what is the finger fairy? I read an interview with Roope Latvala and he said he's been having visits from the finger fairy.

okay, both of you calm down. it was just a joke and i i even put a little positivity at the end of it. and just because ive been here less than a month doesnt mean ive been playing guitar since then. ive been playing two years
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
I would tell you that you have AIDS but people have already reassured you that they are nothing but calluses and you will be fine
Quote by gun4hire
okay, both of you calm down. it was just a joke and i i even put a little positivity at the end of it. and just because ive been here less than a month doesnt mean ive been playing guitar since then. ive been playing two years

I AM CALM DAMMIT!
TO = used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from

TWO = the number 2

TOO = in addition; also; furthermore; to an excessive extent or degree
Quote by vanillasnake21
Thanks, I mean I did know that they were calouses, they just don't feel like onces. I do weightlifting, and I know what callouses are, but those ones don't feel like they've been injected with anesthetic. Anyways, thanks, I'll get back to playing

Just watch out for carpal tunnel syndrome, thats what first came to mind when I read your first post.
Quote by p o e

Did anyone else panic when they got they're calluses?

Not really. I had a teacher who told me about it on the first day.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

It's pretty cool. You can touch fire now with your fretting hand
PS3

Fear the LIME

X