Poll: Who will be crowned Grand Prix Snooker Champion 2008?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who will be crowned Grand Prix Snooker Champion 2008?
Ronnie O'Sullivan
9 47%
Stephen Maguire
0 0%
Marco Fu (Defending Champion)
3 16%
Mark Selby
1 5%
John Higgins
1 5%
Ali Carter
2 11%
Ryan Day
0 0%
Joe Perry
1 5%
Ding Junhui
0 0%
Someone else (specify)
2 11%
Voters: 19.
Quote by World Snooker
Saturday, 11 October - Round 1
12:00 (Noon)

John Higgins v Anthony Hamilton
Joe Perry v Barry Hawkins

Sunday, 12 October - Round 1
1pm

Stephen Hendry v Dave Gilbert
Neil Robertson v Steve Davis

NB 3pm
Marco Fu v Jimmy Michie
Mark Allen v Michael Holt

7pm
Graeme Dott v Judd Trump
Ryan Day v Ricky Walden

Monday, 13 October - Round 1
1:30pm
Stephen Maguire v Jamie Cope
Ding Junhui v Jamie Burnett

7pm
Mark Selby v Andrew Higginson
Peter Ebdon v Simon Bedford

Tuesday, 14 October - Round 1
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Liang Wenbo
Allister Carter v Dave Harold

7pm
Shaun Murphy v Adrian Gunnell
Mark King v John Parrott

Wednesday, 15 October – Round 2
2pm
Match 17*: Random Draw v Random Draw
Match 18*: Random Draw v Random Draw

7pm
Match 19* Random Draw v Random Draw
Match 20* Random Draw v Random Draw

Thursday, 16 October – Round 2
Match 21* Random Draw v Random Draw
Match 22* Random Draw v Random Draw

7pm
Match 23* Random Draw v Random Draw
Match 24* Random Draw v Random Draw

Friday, 17 October

1:30pm & 7pm - Quarter Finals

Saturday, 18 October

1pm & 7:30pm - Semi Finals

Sunday, 19 October
2:30pm and 8pm - Final

Matches on Sunday 12 October are played on a roll on/roll off basis. Play will start at the allocated time each day with a 15 minute interval between matches. The 3rd and 4th match will not start before 3.00 pm. The evening session will not start before the time indicated on the format.

The draw for Round 1 will be made on completion of the qualifiers on 26 September 2008. The draw from Round 2 up to and including the Semi Final will be made on a random basis.

*Match numbers are for demonstration purposes only.

The order of play and table numbers for all matches up to the semi-finals will be determined once the draw for that round is made and published by the Tournament Director.

All matches up to and including the Quarter Finals will be best of 9 frames, Semi Finals will be best of 11 frames and the Final will be best of 17 frames (7/10)..

Discuss

I want to see a shock defeat of Higgins since Hamilton hasn't progressed to a last 16 in one full season (2007/08). I also want Hawkin's to beat Perry since he's a very good player but never quite had his break through yet. As to the winner, it's probably going to be O'Sullivan or Day.

The Grand Prix will be shown on the BBC and also on interactive where you can view both matches, live.

Also - Graeme Dott has pulled out of the tournament due to a broken bone in his arm. Judd Trump receives an automatic Bye into the next round.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Oct 10, 2008,
Snooker/Pool and similar games are an excellent study of Newtonian mechanics in 2D systems. Well, it would be better on a completely smooth polished surface, but it's still pretty interesting.
Quote by LordBishek
Snooker/Pool and similar games are an excellent study of Newtonian mechanics in 2D systems. Well, it would be better on a completely smooth polished surface, but it's still pretty interesting.

Snooker is glorious! You play, Bishek?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
Snooker is glorious! You play, Bishek?

I have a full size snooker table at home, which came with our house at no extra cost. Ironically (and shamefully), I've never had the time or inclination to learn, since I was already busy with guitar. Also, I'm no good at these games, because whenever I go to shoot pool down the pub and lean to take my shot, my glasses slip and I always end up looking over the rim with blurry vision, and can't see anything.
D:<

Only solution is to where contacts, and that's far to much effort just for going to my local.
I had a nice game of drunken pool on Tuesday. We nearly got chucked out because my mate was shouting "and heres O'Sullivan for the title!" everytime he shot... Plus the white was on the floor more than it was on the table

I voted Marco Fu, because I like his name
I'm a MAJOR Ronnie O Sullivan fan. When he won the masters last year I was so happy
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Ronnie.. but if his heads not in it he can easily lose out.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

What does everyone think of Walden now that he defeated Ronnie to be crowned Shanghai Masters Champion - first ranking event title for him. You guys reckon he's got a decent chance?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I'm followin The Jester From Leicester since he's from there and I've met him. He's an awesome bloke.
Awesome that you've met Selby. He's one of my favourite players. In order, here are my favourites:

- Marco Fu, since he's from my home city of Hong Kong
- Ronnie O'Sullivan (always a great person to watch on TV)
- Mark Selby; and
- Matthew Stevens
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I'll still follow Hendry as he's still my childhood favourite

Didn't know this tournament was on actually, be tuning in when theres no football at the weekend.

Although I think Ronnie will win, he always does when I remember it's on and I cheer for Hendry
Quote by Cadj
I'll still follow Hendry as he's still my childhood favourite

Didn't know this tournament was on actually, be tuning in when theres no football at the weekend.

Although I think Ronnie will win, he always does when I remember it's on and I cheer for Hendry

Hmm, I remember watching Hendry win everything. He was my childhood favourite but I've since turned into a more Ronnie fan over the years.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Ronnie's always been the best player around for me. His performance in the masters last year was some of the best snooker I'd ever seen.

I have to say though, his fastest 147 break was excellent. I can still look that up on youtube and be amazed, every time. Rocket Ronnie was his nickname I believe
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
How could you not include Hendry, you can never count him out.

I purposely did because he hasn't been playing well enough I feel.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
I purposely did because he hasn't been playing well enough I feel.

Like an oily tick.
Quote by LordBishek
Like an oily tick.

Not this again!
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

It's on interactive now - BBC 2
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

If Ronnie has his proper snooker playing head on, I can't see many people coming close to a convincing game against him. Saying that, chances are he might not, and if he doesn't I'd have to tip Mark Selby for the title; I've watched him play for a few years now and he has that winning skill in him of a champion.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by BlackLuster
If Ronnie has his proper snooker playing head on, I can't see many people coming close to a convincing game against him. Saying that, chances are he might not, and if he doesn't I'd have to tip Mark Selby for the title; I've watched him play for a few years now and he has that winning skill in him of a champion.

He'll be up for it. Ronnie doesn't have a good record in China (because he hates travelling apparently) but he'll be up for the Grand Prix since it's one of the big 4 - the others being the World Champions (of course), Masters and the UK.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I reckon Fu will take it but I have an incling that Ronnie is gonna do quite well.

I played snooker a few weeks ago, I'm bloody awful at that sport
Quote by wiggyisgreat
I reckon Fu will take it but I have an incling that Ronnie is gonna do quite well.

I played snooker a few weeks ago, I'm bloody awful at that sport

Really? You think Marco? I know Marco's good but I don't think he's quite good enough to reclaim a title - only a handful of people have done that. Saying that, maybe I'm not giving enough credit to Fu, afterall he's compiled a televised 147 before and not many people have done that either.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
Really? You think Marco? I know Marco's good but I don't think he's quite good enough to reclaim a title - only a handful of people have done that. Saying that, maybe I'm not giving enough credit to Fu, afterall he's compiled a televised 147 before and not many people have done that either.

I think he's got pretty good potential, and he seems pretty focused. And he won't have to travel
Fair point - meanwhiile, it's 1-0 to Perry against Hawkins but Higgins and Hamilton are still on their first frame.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤