Yes I know this has been made many times before but none of them have the same music taste as me so it wasnt helpful at all. I like classic rock and heavy metal, and almost everything in between, such as Prog Rock. So like late 60s to the early 90s. Please no metallica or other bands like them. I can't stand 'em. When I say heavy metal, I mean like 80s hairmetal like Def Leppard, Slaughter, and stuff. Thank you in advance

Edit: I lso like some alternative like Red Chili Peppers and Radiohead but I dont know many songs by either of them and not many other alternative bands
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Last edited by Polystant at Oct 10, 2008,
arpeggios from hell.
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
wanted dead or alive - bon jovi
she talks to angels - black crowes (very easy)

to be honest not a lot of hair metal is easy - that said, listen for the ones with arpeggios and alternate tuning, especially alternate tuning. The trick there is that it sounds different, therefore hard, but the setup does a lot of the work for you. Classic example she talks to angels, in open E tuning.
Quote by CvPrEpKiLLaH
arpeggios from hell.

Ha

Also, I would rather if it were in standard tuning SZ320man because my guitar has a floyd rose which is setup for standard tuning
ok thanks. I'll try Wanted Dead or alive by Bon Jovi, any other suggestions?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Man, try some Opeth, older stuff, in general, there you go and since you mentioned it, paranoid android by Radiohead and Sir psycho sexy(especially the outro) by RHCP
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Last edited by notsee at Oct 11, 2008,
How bout "Bloody Chunks" by Cannibal Corpse its in Eb.

TEH LULZ

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
stairway to heaven,
not kidding.
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Thanks, Anything else?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
BTW I love Aerosmith, theyre my favorite if that helps
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Never heard of that song
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
The Kids Aren't Alright - The Offspring if thts ur kinda thing

Other suggestion: Back in Black or Highway to Hell by AC/DC
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
Snow (Hey Oh). It'll take a while to get it up to tempo, but it's not that hard.
And Under The Bridge.
Also most Radiohead stuff from In Rainbows isn't that hard. Start with 15 step. It's pretty awesome.
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm
Try "Unchained" by Van Halen. Some of the rhythm bits are a little complex, but the basic melody of the verse isn't too tough, and the rest will come with practice.

If you aren't adverse to fingerpicking, there's Blackbird by The Beatles.

Try Wasted by Def Leppard (from On Through the Night, before they got all cheesy)

Rock You Like a Hurricane by The Scorpions, the basic melody isn't too tough (though playing it like the CD is)

Symptom of the Universe by Heaven and Hell

Cars by The Cars is a fun one and generally impresses people, it's also a great one to have fun with and be creative.

Hope those help
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Garou1911
Try "Unchained" by Van Halen. Some of the rhythm bits are a little complex, but the basic melody of the verse isn't too tough, and the rest will come with practice.

If you aren't adverse to fingerpicking, there's Blackbird by The Beatles.

Try Wasted by Def Leppard (from On Through the Night, before they got all cheesy)

Rock You Like a Hurricane by The Scorpions, the basic melody isn't too tough (though playing it like the CD is)

Cars by The Cars is a fun one and generally impresses people, it's also a great one to have fun with and be creative.

Hope those help
That does help, that was the kind I was looking for. Any more suggestions?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
the intro to the trooper by iron maiden. the part played on the high strings sounds cool and isn't really complicated.
Quote by Polystant
That does help, that was the kind I was looking for. Any more suggestions?

Classical Gas. It's instrumental but imo that just makes it more awesome.
Dust In The Wind by Kansas.

Both are fingerpicking though.
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm
I'm actually workind on Dust in the wind right now. Anybody else?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Quote by Samothomas
Snow (Hey Oh). It'll take a while to get it up to tempo, but it's not that hard.
And Under The Bridge.
Also most Radiohead stuff from In Rainbows isn't that hard. Start with 15 step. It's pretty awesome.

Under the Bridge is not really easy if it is played correctly. The hammer-ons and pull-offs are pretty fast if you're looking for an easy song. It can be played without them too though, I guess.
Guild GAD-40C w/ PWM pickup
Martin 000-16GT
Washburn D10s-12
Fender Jimmie Vaughan Strat
Schecter C-1+ (For SALE!)
Epiphone G-400 Ltd. w/ EMG's
Speed Metal Symphony- Cacophony.

but seriously try Fear of the Dark by Iron Maiden.

1980s Ibanez RG470
Epiphone G400
Peavey Vypyr 30
Vox DA5
Vox Cybaby Wah
Monster Cables
and Red Jazz IIIs

I donated 2020 grains of rice

http://freerice.com/index.php
Quote by Taygunov
i guess "u cant hold no groove" by victor wotten

who is that guy, he seems as if he is the flavour of the month for ultimate guitar
If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all
i know right? any more?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Quote by Polystant
i know right? any more?

It seems as though you've got enough suggestions to keep you busy for a couple months, if you want to play them right anyway.

If you're looking for particular things, check out "the beginner's song program" thread at the top of this forum. There are tons of suggested songs on that page, you're sure to find a few that are right up your alley.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Victor Wooten is a bass player, a slap and pop jazzer that is really amazing, his brother Reggie Wooten is a slap guitarist, and extremely crazy. As for "Under the Bridge". The song is pretty easy, and that's why you have to practice, it isn't that lucrative or anything, people just like to place Frusciante on a pedastal.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Quote by Garou1911

<forbidden fruit>
GAS list-o-rama
Orange Tiny Terror Head ($549)
Epiphone VJ Cab ($129)
Seymour Duncan SHPG1/SH-11 set ($95 + $79)
Gaskell Classic (~$680)
Black Gibson SG Standard ($1499)
i must be crazy! the intro to under the bridge is fairly simple, and so is the first verse. it only starts getting complicated in the second and third verse. As for the chorus, bridge and outro they are also fairly easy to get the hang of.

so what is it about this song that people make it out to be 'impossible to play.' Its understandable if the song is played accurately on an acoustic. But on an electric it should be no problem with a bit of practice.

can someone explain to me why people consider this a challenging song to play?

Quote by Scruffy77
yea theres no way in hell the correct version of under the bridge is easy

my favorite easy song to play is The Calling - Wherever you will go

much easier than it looks

really!? favourite easy song? i dunno ... its kind of a gay song. Not that theres anything wrong with that. I mean i play this song a lot too even though i hate it. But the only reason i play it is to help me get better with alternate picking. I tend to avoid playing this song in front of friends though .... out of fear of getting the shit kicked out of me.
Last edited by flea's trumpet at Oct 14, 2008,