I want to replace the pickups on my guitar, and after searching around, I decided on Seymour Duncan Blackouts. The only problem is, however, that my guitar has 2 humbuckers in the bridge and neck positions, but it also has a single coil pickup in the mid section( it's an Ibanez rg370dx), and I have no idea what to replace that pickup with, since it has to be an active pickup because the blackouts are(I'm assuming here, there's no way to use two active pickups with a passive pickup, or that I'd even want to if I could?) Any suggestions for what I should put in the single coil slot?
there is a way to use active and passive pickups, but it doesn't sound very good blended as the pots used for each pickup are very different values. you could just not use your single coil? there's hot rails, and i'm not sure if seymour offers an active single coil. good choice on the blackouts, but prepare to tone down your guitar volume a lot for clean sounds, even the neck pickup crunches pretty easy
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
I would really like to have a single coil as well, there's no compatible single coil active pickups by seymour duncan at all? I had been debating over getting emg's instead, and I know they make single coil active pickups I could use, would that make the most sense?
You could use an active EMG single coil with the Blackouts. In a guitar Like a Les Paul or SG you can mix active and passive pickups. In those guitars each pickup has it's own volume & tone pot. You just can't put the pickup selector in the middle and use both pickups at the same time. I got that info from the EMG website. I don't think you could mix them in your guitar.
id use EMGs instead. the blackouts are active pickups trying to sound like passive pickups, which basically ruins the point of having active pickups. EMGs are what active pickups are meant to sound like. and of course they have the single coils as well.

all my opinion, just giving you some advice

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616
id use EMGs instead. the blackouts are active pickups trying to sound like passive pickups, which basically ruins the point of having active pickups. EMGs are what active pickups are meant to sound like. and of course they have the single coils as well.

all my opinion, just giving you some advice

Duncan > EMG
Quote by Chaosinborn
Duncan > EMG

i agree except for the blackouts. i think that they ruin the point of being active by trying to sound like a passive, it would be like a valve amp trying to model a solid state amp.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost