Does anyone have a link to a good guide or thread with instructions on how to install a tone pot?
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
o hai

Um, look at a wiring diagram like this one:
See the .047uf cap (green thing)? that's how it's supposed to be wired.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Now if i have to replace the pot but the capacitor and the connecting wire are still connected to the old one how do I remove the solder from the old one so i can connect the wires to the new one?
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by JWD32792
Now if i have to replace the pot but the capacitor and the connecting wire are still connected to the old one how do I remove the solder from the old one so i can connect the wires to the new one?

A solder sucker is also quite useful.

Its a spring loaded plunger. You hold it near the molten solder, hit the button ad it sucks it up.

You could also use solder wick material, which acts like a candle and wicks the solder away from components.