I have an Ovation that my sister gave me several years ago. It was my second guitar, and we treated each other well, but I am ready to move on. The problem is, I don't know exactly what guitar this is, or how much it's worth. The model is "elite 5778-4ES," and I believe it is from 1997 or 1998.

Also, the value will probably be a little lower than usual because when my sister had it she didn't really play it much; she left the strings taut and left the guitar next to a heater and the bridge started lifting itself off the body. When she gave it to me I took it to my local shop and they fixed it right up. It has been as good as new for years now, but there are miniscule cracks in the clear coat near the bridge.

Does anybody have an idea what this guitar would be worth without the damage and with the damage? I'm trying to save up for a Taylor 110 (I'm poor).
I don't know about that exact guitar, but searching the web for ovation elite shows their current models that seem very close to yours selling for at least $800, some for much more. Would your sister know what she paid for it?

As long as the damage was repaired well, that shouldn't detract too much.

As for your comment on selling to fund a taylor 110...

I'm a HUGE Taylor fan. If you search my past posts in this section I think Taylor is the best thing since sliced bread. Don't buy a 110 though. First of all, I think you can do better for the price. Second, it's not going to be a fair representation of what a Taylor can be. Breedlove or Seagull would be good choices in that price range.

-J