i've heard that the only differences are a few safety features in the wiring and power supplies. there may be a some difference in which portions of the amp are hand-wired and which aren't as well.
the old vox amps are fussy but they sound great.

The new ones are made in China, sound bad, are made from shoddy parts
i really like the sound of my ac30cc2 (which is the modern reissue).
Quote by Adam E
i really like the sound of my ac30cc2 (which is the modern reissue).

Got to agree with that, tho ive never played any vintage ones
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
If you are intending to purchase an older vox, take a close look at it first. Vox wasn't very picky when it came to choosing parts for their amps back in the '60s and '70s. Vintage Vox amps vary a lot concerning the electronics used and therefore you have a broad spectrum of sound, ranging from 'fantastic' to 'lemon'.
All I'm saying is that I'd be cautious when purchasing one and there's no way in hell I'd buy one before testing it.

Quote by SenorSmiley
The new ones are made in China, sound bad, are made from shoddy parts

The ones I played so far sounded nice, though it depends on the speaker used. The most expensive ones are the best and most vintage authentic soundwise. They also seemed built well to me.
Apparently you can get an old one (restored and everything) for about £1500 from a guy in scotland, where the CC2 is £500, naturally the CC won't be as good as an original.
But from what I've played of the re-issues they sound good, but I've been told that after abotu an hour, the power tubes'll go a bit funny and that I'd be better off with an original, so I'm saving for an original.