I'm loving the raunchy ton e...yet I want some one to guide me with the sounds cuz I can't get that nice ac/dc crunch...and some gnr settings on ts9 would help too
"(Monster cable)....oh they're durable. You can
tie up people with it
"

- Slash
Uh...

Put it on the drive channel, turn the gain up and throw the fat switch?

They sound pretty AC/DCish straight out of the box.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
mcrfobai thank uuu...i was thinkin abt turnin down the master and raising the reg volume but i did the opposite
tie up people with it
"

- Slash
Quote by Irocknroll1990
mcrfobai thank uuu...i was thinkin abt turnin down the master and raising the reg volume but i did the opposite

Ha I did the same thing once. Congrats, yea once you crank it up it gets s very AC/DC like tone, h4t3br33d3r and mcrfobtai's dead on.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
however if i do that...then the clean sound sounds distorted. I play both clean and overdrive in 1 song
tie up people with it
"

- Slash
Just use the TS9 for your od. Turn it off for the clean parts obviously.
no if i turn the reg volume up and master ndown...it sounds distorted without the ts9 on. So that means I gotta turn my guitar volume knob down to play clean on these settings?
tie up people with it
"

- Slash
Quote by Irocknroll1990
no if i turn the reg volume up and master ndown...it sounds distorted without the ts9 on. So that means I gotta turn my guitar volume knob down to play clean on these settings?

Yeah, just roll your volume knob back. It's a good habit to fall into anyways when you upgrade to a single channel tone monster.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
^^ in that case, yea do ^.
its a pain in the ass cuz like i gotta put the guitar volume knob at .5 to make it sound smooth and clean...cuz even at a 1 it sounds too distorted
tie up people with it
"

- Slash
Is the fat switch off? Mine stays clean pretty loud without break up. Do you have active pups?
Edit: Try it with the fat switch off if you can and get drive from the TS9. Then try turning off the TS9 for cleans. Adjust back with vol knob if/as needed. That works pretty good for me and my od doesn't add as much gain as the TS9.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Oct 10, 2008,
can u tell me where u set ur master and volume...using "o clocks"
tie up people with it
"

- Slash
like im trying to play clean on the intro of gnr's knockin on heavens door
tie up people with it
"

- Slash
Depends on desired volume, but generally for me... Vol @ noon, Master @ 11:00 and that's pretty loud. On my od, my drive is @ 3:00 and my vol @ 10:00. (I have an old Daddy-O, does the job pretty well). OD is off when playing clean and when doing so, lighten your pick attack up a bit if you can. Edit: Fat is off on the amp.
Quote by gregs1020
Depends on desired volume, but generally for me... Vol @ noon, Master @ 11:00 and that's pretty loud. On my od, my drive is @ 3:00 and my vol @ 10:00. (I have an old Daddy-O, does the job pretty well). OD is off when playing clean and when doing so, lighten your pick attack up a bit if you can. Edit: Fat is off on the amp.

Those are pretty good.
a lot of times i would leave the fat switch off.

i didnt always like what it did the amps tone.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
maybe it was my stock speaker, i dont know. but when id crank it, the fat switch would sometimes do funky things to the amp.

it was a pretty sensitive amp. a couple of settings the wrong way, and i'd be tweeking it for the whole practice.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
maybe it was my stock speaker, i dont know. but when id crank it, the fat switch would sometimes do funky things to the amp.

Mine is the same way, if I'm just practicing dirty blues at low volume with no od, then I have the fat engaged. But I usually use the od pedal and fat off on the amp when I "use" the amp. I think the fat destroys the cleans at any volume.
Quote by jj1565

it was a pretty sensitive amp. a couple of settings the wrong way, and i'd be tweeking it for the whole practice.

When I played them I didn't notice anything "funny" coming from the amp. Who knows with amps. Sounded fine to me. Did you upgrade the speaker?
^gregs got it right.

i put a weber blue dog in it. . it handled the amp WAY better. but even still, that fat switch tossed it over the top when i pushed the amp.

when i was selling it, a local pro came by to check out the amp. he was putting it thru his tests, and without me saying a word, he came to the same conclusion.
ended up passing on the amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62