Page 1 of 2
For me it really hasn't. But this has more to do with the fact that close to nobody knows I even play. For my friend I think it has definitely helped him get a few more friends. But as far as getting chicks I'm not too sure. Doesn't look like it to me. I think that if you have everything else right(social skills, looking good) it will really help out.

Anybody else?
um playing guitar is about playing music not getting friends or "chicks" you can do that otherwise
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
It's helped me and my friends get chicks. You just gotta play acoustic at festivals and stuff. Pick a good playlist, too, ya know? Like songs that aren't good unless you're a girl that doesn't know anything about music so you can think "How cute." Like "Hey There Delilah"

Yeah, dude. I dunno what you're doing wrong. Music gets girls.
Quote by reedplaysgeetar
um playing guitar is about playing music not getting friends or "chicks" you can do that otherwise

I do agree with this man, though. It's not about getting chicks, and you can do that otherwise. But it does just so happen to get chicks sometimes.
I'm sure u could meet people through music and talking about guitar , but no1s gonna be your friend just because you own a guitar.
Yep. Friends from various bands I've played in and I once picked up a girl out of it.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
ive gotten 2 girls at a beach cause of guitar...although to get a girlfriend, ive never used my guitar
Yeee it can do, but as said before u need a personality too. If your approached after a gig/set by two hot "chicks" and you have the personality of a tree....
My gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS McCarty 10 Top
+more
JCM900 Head and 1960B
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR ZW-44
Korg Pitchblack
Small Clone
Boss GE-7

Check my band
www.suicideblonderocks.co.uk
I play guitar and people know. I used to play shows but I don't anymore so people around me at my university don't all know and I've realized that I get girls anyway but when I play guitar for those girls they love it. If guitar doesn't help you get girls, it certainly helps you keep them.
No really it hasnt but the other day i found out that the reason i get a lot of girlfriends is because of my confidence to make a heavy metal band, when all other bands are p***y bands.
Gear
Ibanez GRG170DX
Bluerock Begginers Strat
Fender Acoustic
Bluerock Begginers 10W Amp
Lne 6 Spider 3 15
Gear to come
Les Paul Copy(Fixing up to be good)
Quote by lockedandlogan
I do agree with this man, though. It's not about getting chicks, and you can do that otherwise. But it does just so happen to get chicks sometimes.

most are just the skanky ones that are only good for like one ****, so its not worth the time. and once someone asked me if i was gonna play a song i was just like no way man
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
He's just asking if its helped... Not if you picked up a guitar to get friends and women, calm down.

As for me, no not really cause none of my friends play or listen to the same music as me actually... Though I'm pretty sure the girls I've been with have taken it as a plus that I play. But haven't gotten with me because of it.
I'm Tyler
Thou shalt not use poetry, art or music to get into girls’ pants!
Quote by ledhead67
Dammit, satyphan, you just shat over all my hopes and dreams.
being in a band makes you meet new people. it's kinda hard to avoid so if you DON'T make friends, it'll be more strange.

chicks? never.
I've made many friends through playing guitar.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by superkal1
No really it hasnt but the other day i found out that the reason i get a lot of girlfriends is because of my confidence to make a heavy metal band, when all other bands are p***y bands.

I seem to notice more girls swooning over total pussy music than over metal.

Metal just doesn't strike me, or apparently most women, as feminine.
I guess I wouldn't be friends with my bandmates if we didn't all play?

It's just something else that you can have in common with a prospective friend/girlfriend, unless she's some kind of bass fetishist then it means a bit more than that.
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
i dont play guitar to get chicks, and didnt originally expect to. But after the school events played at, yeah lots of chicks. seriously, if you cant get a girl, start a band. Of course other guitar players will talk bad about you.
I had to get a replacement after I broke my G string. What a pain in the ass!
you have to be good, not im like middle school and play by yourself, you gotta be playing shows and shit.
Indeed it helps. As long as you can play or sing you'll get both. The trombone actually got me my gf and a shitload of friends.
If you need a gimmick to get a girlfriend, then that's just plain sad.

Sorry.

As far as friends, yeah man. Just through playin shows you get to know other musicians and you're cool with some of 'em.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
well, friends kind of. You meet people who also play who you've always walked passed in school but never had anything in common with. But now you've got something to talk about. As for chicks, no.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
It has helped me make friends because we jam, but it never got me a girl...
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Picked up a few girls, and made more than a few friends through it. At least partly because it was a huge confidence thing for me.
Although I didn't learn guitar to get chicks/friends, I have found myself with either more friends (through bands and stuff) or strengthening friendships with other people.

And I think it's got me respect from a younger kid who also plays.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Last edited by thedudemeister at Oct 10, 2008,
Shame on you !
Don't use your guitar to score chicks..
I tell them i play guitar after i scored them... which mostly make them like me even more
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
well, playing instruments is the only reason my band got together.so, friends yes

if u tell a real girl that u play death metal guitar, she'l be turned off
I started guitar to get chicks, hardly worked, only started some conversations, but now that I know my way around the fretboard quite well it's become more than a vagina magnet to me.
Man, if you want to get chicks, I've got a pretty simple method, but you've got to persevere and never give up. You need a medium sized tank, a high powered light bulb and a whole lot of shredded up paper. Put the paper in the tank, switch on the lightbuld, and get a newly hatched chicken's egg and just dump in right on in there. Make sure you keep the egg hot and insulated, and watch that the bulb doesn't blow.

In a few weeks the egg will hatch and out will pop a chick!!

I don't know how you're trying to do it with a guitar.

As for friends, I don't think I've ever made any new connections through guitar, but it has given me something to talk about and that's often very important in building relationships.
Guitar has NOTHING to do with getting chicks. What girls are normally attracted to is the guy on stage, not the guy over on the side out of the spotlight playing for fun.
I think its much more to do with the confidence of what ur doing ie playing guitar and singing that appeals to some girls
My gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS McCarty 10 Top
+more
JCM900 Head and 1960B
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR ZW-44
Korg Pitchblack
Small Clone
Boss GE-7

Check my band
www.suicideblonderocks.co.uk
It hasn't gained me any friends, but if my friend and I didn't play guitar, we probably wouldnt be friends aymore
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I don't think I've made any friends just because I play music. It's all been down to my awesome personality.
Well, I went to a new high school full of people I didn't know, and considering how I was the most experienced in my guitar class (I don't want to say best, as it would come off as being rather pretentious, don't you think?), it really helped me meet new people.

No luck in getting a girl though.

My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
if u want to get to know people who play guitar (and are serious) then if you play seriously it can give you somthing to talk about
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
I've actually got a 4-level guitar program at my school. Taking the class, I make friends in it.
I don't think it alone gets you friends/girls, your personality is part of it, it just makes you more interesting, great icebreaker (I do that with art). You could be like John Petrucci, but if you're a dick, no one would want to hang out with you.
Girls don't tend to be a fan of 180bpm chugging on the bottom string and tremelo picked minor pentatonics. If I ever find one, I'll marry her; has to be hawt, of course.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Page 1 of 2